英文レターの書き方

このQ&Aのポイント
  • アメリカに駐在する社員のために、『社会保障に関する日本とアメリカとの間の協定』に基づき、アメリカでは社会保障税を支払わず、日本でのみ納税する理由を説明する英文レターの書き方について紹介します。
  • 以下の例文は、アメリカに駐在中の社員が税金未払いの理由を説明するためのレターの一例です。
  • このレターでは、日本とアメリカの間での社会保障税の取り扱いについて言及し、具体的な理由を述べています。
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

英文レターの書き方

アメリカに駐在する社員のために、『社会保障に関する日本とアメリカとの間の協定』に基づき、アメリカでは社会保障税を支払わず、日本でのみ納税する……という税金未払いの理由を説明したレターを作成したいのですが、以下の様ではおかしいでしょうか。 To whom it may concern: Dear Sir, We hereby certify that Mr. ***** pays social security taxes only in Japan, and doesn’t have to pay them in the United States, in accordance with the agreement between Japan and the United States of America on Social Security,

• brooke
  • お礼率76% (137/179)
  • 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • KappNets
  • ベストアンサー率27% (1557/5688)
回答No.1

私ならということで書いてみましたら下記のようになりました。 1. taxes を them で受けるのはおかしい。 2. are paying(払っていますよ)と進行形がベターかと。 3. 日本で、米国でと並列的に書くよりは日本の方を形容詞節的に Mr にかける方がベターかと。 4. 協定名は http://www.sia.go.jp/seido/kyotei/index.htm によると Int'l Social Security Agreement となっていますので、それに合わせた方が良さそう。 We hereby certify that Mr. ***** paying social security taxes in Japan doesn't have to pay a counterpart in the United States, in accordance with the Int'l Social Security Agreement between Japan and the US. または We hereby certify that Mr. ***** who are paying social security taxes in Japan doesn't have to pay a counterpart in the United States, in accordance with the Int'l Social Security Agreement between Japan and the US.

brooke
質問者

お礼

とりあえず、Social Security Administration Offife書かずに、To whom it may concernだけで作成しました。ありがとうございました。

brooke
質問者

補足

ありがとうございます。もう一つ教えて下さい。 宛先が Social Security Administration Offifeなのですが 住所がわかりません。 そのような場合は、日付の後に一行あけて 宛先をSocial Security Administration Offifeと書き、 その後また一行あけてTo whom it may concern:と すればよいのでしょうか。 基礎的なことを質問して申し訳ありませんが、よろしくお願い致します。

関連するQ&A

• 英文の添削をお願いします。 A society

I’d say the government should deduct income tax and residential taxes from households that have two children in order to Put effective breaks on the birthrate problem. If it dose , they will be given more opportunities to have babies than before with less financial problem .And as to the second problem, we have to change the current situation in which the elderly are seen as a social burden in Japan and make the best use of them with respect and care as a precious grope of society. Personally I suggest a practical idea that we ask them to take care of children on the waiting list in their free times,which I think could bring about a social benefit to Japan. I ‘m sure the idea proposed among our communities will more or less make a meaningful difference on the issue.

• 英文について質問

以下の英文を見た上で私の質問に答えてください In no branch of social and economic development was the United States so far behind Europe as in its roads (社会的、経済的発展におけるいかなる分野においても、道路の点においてほどアメリカ合衆国がヨーロッパよりもこれほどまでに遅れをとっている分野はなかった) 質問:In no branch of social and economic developmentはin its roadsに含まれますか?それとも含みますか?どちらですか? 要するに、In no branch of ~がin its roadsを包含してるかされているかのどちらかということです。 質問2:not so....as~は、「~ほど....でない」という意味ですが、...「...でない」は述部の否定をしていると思いますが、上記の訳をみるかぎり、述部は否定されていません。(だって否定しているなら「遅れをとっていない」になるから) 何故ですか? 質問3:この英文を掲載している参考書に、「as以降は最上を表せる」と書いてありました。何故ですか?詳しい説明がなかったので、疑問に思いました。 質問4:「In no branch of social and economic development 」は強調における倒置をしない場合、どこを修飾しているのでしょうか?「as in its roads」でしょうか?この質問の意図は、「In no branch of social and economic development 」は「社会的経済的いかなる分野におていもなかった」というふうに訳せると思いますが、「社会的経済的分野」とは具体的に何なのかわからなかったのです。 その具体的な社会的経済的分野とは「as in its roads」のことでしょうか? そうだとすると、上記の英文の訳を言い換えると、「社会的・経済的分野の中で、道路の分野が最も遅れをとっている」ということでしょうか?

• 英文についての質問です

似たような内容の質問が続いてしまいすみません。 The Social Security normal retirement age is currently 66, and it is scheduled to gradually increase to 67 by two months per year starting in 2017. After it reaches 67 in 2022, this option would continue to increase the retirement age by two months per year so that it reaches 68 in 2028 (for people born in 1966 or later). * The normal retirement age does not determine the earliest age at which people are eligible for Social Security benefits, which would still be 62, but rather determines when retirees would receive full benefits without a penalty for early retirement. このような英文があるのですが、「退職年齢を引き上げる(66→68, 2028年までに)」ということですよね? The Normal以降がわからないのですが、これはどういうことが言われているのでしょうか? (社会保障給付に関することが書かれていると思うのですが…) これを採用することで10年後には60Billionドルの赤字が削減できているだろう、ということなのですが、なぜそうなるのでしょうか?(英文から読み取れる範囲で構いません) 分かる方、教えて欲しいです。 よろしくお願いします。

• 英文の言い換えについて

The event was designed to shed light on the political and social challenges African Americans continued to face across the country.   (このイベントはアフリカ系アメリカ人が全国で直面し続けた政治的、社会的課題に照準を合わせるようにデザイン(設計)されました。) =ワシントン大行進についての一文なのですが、shed lightが「照準を合わせる」という意味ですよね? もう少し簡単な単語で言い換えできないでしょうか? 例えば、The event was designed to against the political and social challenges African Americans continued to face across the country. 政治的、社会的課題に対して(反対して)~という意味でagainstに変えたのですが、どうでしょうか? よろしくお願いします。

• 英文の意味を教えて下さい。

アメリカのネットショップで小物を購入しました。発送の事でメールが来たんですが意味がわかりません。すみませんが教えて下さい。お願いします。 I have finally got the airfreight price for you On a door to door basis including the customs clearance in Japan but excluding the Japanese duties/taxes and any customs inspection charges then the airfreight costs are $00.00 I hope that this helps I will confirm both the air and sea freight quotes for you shortly

• 英文レターの書き方を教えてください。

はじめまして。 自分の持っているダイビングのライセンスで、イギリスで就労するためのライセンスに切替えることが出来るかのお伺いメールを英文で書いたのですがこちらであっているでしょうか。 どなたか添削していただければ幸いです。 よろしくお願いいたします。 Dear xxxxxx, I am xxxxxx, currently working as a commercial diver in Japan. I am writing to apply for a qualification from hse to be able to work in Britain . I attached my license for your reference .Please let me know if you need any other document. Thank you for taking the time to review my license and look forward to hearing from you shortly . I may be reached by phone at +xxxxxx,or by Email at xxxxxxxxx@hotmail.com. Sincerely, Signature

• 英文についての質問です

英文 In Great Britain there is left-hand traffic, while in the United States of America, as in Japan, there is right-hand traffic. 日本語 イギリスでは左側通行ですが、アメリカでは日本と同じ右側通行です。 英文の意味はこうなると思いますが、日本は左側通行ですよね。 英文が間違っているのでしょうか、解釈の違いがあるのでしょうか。

• 英文の訳をお願いいたします。よく理解ができず困っております…

Communication and social mobilization should encourages the people in the community to become partners in the response and recognize that all have an important role to play.

• 英文でわからないのがあります。

英語の問題でわからないのがあります。 In recent years (1)social psychologists have made numerous attempts to measure tendencies toward individualism and collectivism. ・ ・ ・下の画像が続き 問(1)のsocial psychologists が発見した2つのこととは何か答えなさい という問題です。 どなたかわかる人はいないでしょうか?

• 英文を訳して下さい。

The settlement in detail is left to you. You will inform the President of the above most secretly as soon as the outbreak of war with the United States of America is certain and add the suggestion that he should, on his own initiative, invite Japan to immediate adherence and at the same time mediate between Japan and ourselves. Please call the President's attention to the fact that the ruthless employment of our submarines now offers the prospect of compelling England in a few months to make peace." Signed, ZIMMERMANNThe Zimmermann Telegram was part of an effort carried out by the Germans to postpone the transportation of supplies and other war materials from the United States to the Allies of World War I that were at war with Germany. The main purpose of the telegram was to make the Mexican government declare war on the United States in hopes of tying down American forces and slowing the export of American arms.