• ベストアンサー

英文字幕の単語の意味

ジョディ・フォスターの「君がいた夏」という映画をDVDで見たのですが最初の方の場面で意味がわからない字幕の文がありましたので教えてください。80とは何でしょうか? Where are we going? To the shore! But that's so far! What are you,80? It's a piece of cake. Get in the car. No,We'll get in trouble. No,we won't.

• 英語
  • 回答数4
  • ありがとう数5

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.4

アメリカに住んで40年目になりました。 私なりに書いてみますね。 では一行一行訳してみましょうね。 Where are we going? (俺たち)どこに行くんだよ。 To the shore! 海岸さ But that's so far! しかしそりゃ遠いぜ! What are you,80? お前何だよ、80歳の年寄りかよ。 It's a piece of cake. Get in the car. 簡単な事さ(誰にでもできることだよ) (車に)は入れよ。  No,We'll get in trouble. 止めとくよ。 やばい事になるぜ。 No,we won't. 大丈夫だって。 なりゃしないよ。 と言う事なのですね。 What are you?お前なんなんだよ?、と聞いて、Are you 80?と言っているわけです。 遠いぜ、と言ったので、そんな年寄りぽい事を言うな、といい説得しているわけです。 まさか年寄りだというんじゃないだろうな、と説得しようとしているわけです。 参考になりましたでしょうか。 分かりにくいところがありましたら締め切る前にまた書いてくださいね。

kindred
質問者

お礼

初めてOKWaveを利用しました。さっそく以前からなんだろうと思っていた疑問が解決しました。ありがとうございました。

その他の回答 (3)

• ANASTASIAK
  • ベストアンサー率19% (658/3306)
回答No.3

どこへ行く? 海岸がいいな そりゃ遠いよ 80歳の年寄りか? ちょろいことさ。クルマに乗って。 断る、まずいことになるし。 平気さ、なりゃしないって。

kindred
質問者

お礼

初めてOKWaveを利用しました。早速の回答ありがとうございました。参考になりました。

回答No.2

その映画は知りませんが、前後の会話から、 「80歳かよ?」 という、「年寄りじゃないんだから(心配するな)。」という意味から くる年齢の数字だと思います。

kindred
質問者

お礼

初めてOKWaveを利用しました。早速の回答ありがとうございました。参考になりました。

• KappNets
  • ベストアンサー率27% (1557/5688)
回答No.1

易しいと考える人と難しいと考える人が意見を交わしています。piece of cake は「易しい」という意味です。80 はよくわかりませんが、人のあだ名でしょうか。

関連するQ&A

• 英文これでいいですか?

〇車に財布忘れたから取りに行って来る I forget my walet in the car so I'll go to take. ★〇〇さんもあなたと一緒に来る? Are you going to be here with 〇〇? お願いします

• 英文の意味を教えて下さい。

アメリカのネットショップで小物をいくつか購入していました。やっと準備が少し整ったみたいで連絡がきました。すみませんが意味を教えてくれませんか?宜しくお願い致します。 Hello , we are currently producing your #1 order, so far we have 2 pcs ready for you in LA. I believe you really need merchandise. Please let us know if we can ship out.this is what we have collected and reserved for you in LA.

• 英文の意味をを教えて下さい。

下記の英文の意味を教えて下さい。同じ会社の英語圏の支社から来たメールです。製造の事でメールがきました。お願い致します。 It is good to hear from you. I read your email and I am very excited for you that you can get the AAA license for BBB. Honestly, I do not see any financial benefits for CCC . to get involved in this DDD project. Unless you are seeing something here that I don’t. If you are going to produce the EEE in BBB and sell in BBB, you will not be using our factory to produce and we will not selling the goods here in the U.S.. I am not sure what kind of role you want me to play in this project. I don’t see myself getting involved into the negotiation of contract unless CCC. can directly benefit from the involvement. As for the other opportunities you have in the email, I will take a closer look next week and get back to you. Thanks again for thinking of us and we are honored that you chose to partner up with us. We will keep in touch.

• 英文の意味を教えて下さい。

アメリカのネットショップで小物を購入しようとしています。できれば日本で購入したいので、日本に代理店はありますか?と質問したら返事が来ました。すみませんが意味を教えてくれませんか?? Please be patient as we’ll have an answer for you soon. Currently, no one has an exclusive distribution in Japan, we would like to establish a distributor in Japan soon so we will be discussing many factors and will provide you with additional information.

• be going to の going について

通例、まとめて「助動詞」として扱われている、 [ be going to ]についてなのですが。 Next year we are going to get married. という英文について。 このような英文の場合、 Next year we are going [to get married.] という風に、 goingは自動詞goの進行形であり、 それに副詞的な不定詞が続いている、 と考えるべきなんでしょうか、 それとも、 Next year we are [going to get married.] という風に、 形容詞goingに副詞的な不定詞が続いている、 と考えるべきなんでしょうか。 私はなんとなく、 Next year we are gonna get married. と書き換えられることから、 形容詞っぽいと思っていたのですが・・ 是非ご教授ください。

• すみませんがどなたか下記の英文を訳して頂けないでしょうか。

すみませんがどなたか下記の英文を訳して頂けないでしょうか。 宜しくお願いいたします。 ↓ how are you! hope you are fine and in good health!!! o I see english is difficult for you. But no problem I can teach you :) O! you are going to Morocco. Take care of yourself. Hope to see you soon in Yemen. no I don`t but we will speak when you come to Sanaa. yours

• 意味を教えてください

My father is 74 years old and in poor health. I only see him a couple of times a year because I am so busy these days between work and kids, and his health no longer permits him to travel to my home to visit. We are going to see him soon, and I have scheduled an in-studio photo session with a professional photographer for the first afternoon that we are going to be in town. My dad said he was willing to get photos taken with our boys. Here’s my dilemma: I don’t want my stepmother in the photos, and I’m searching for a diplomatic way to communicate this to him. Long story short: They have been married for 26-plus years, and she and I have never had a good relationship, but in the past 15 months or so, things have deteriorated to a point where I do not speak to her (unless absolutely necessary) and have decided to have no relationship with her going forward. for the first afternoon that we are going to be in townとgoing forwardの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• 英文の意味を教えてください。

アメリカのネットショップで小物を購入予定です。とても安くて小さいものなのでまとめ売りらしいです。 発送ができるか質問を相手にしていたのですが返事がきました。すみませんが意味を教えてください。お願いします。 We are in receipt of your below mail and thank you very much for your interest in our articles. Of course we would be pleased to welcome you as our new customer and we could deliver our articles directly from LA to your address in Japan. Please kindly note that we have quite a few customers in Japan and it is absolutely no problems to import our goods. Since you have not clarified which articles you would like to purchase we suggest to have a look at our homepage 11111 and choose the requested items. Once you will let us know which items you would like to purchase we can send you our best offer. Since most of our articles are packed in boxes containing 2 or 3 pieces we normally request a minimum order quantity of a complete box. In case of orders for less than a complete box our prices get increased by 30 %. If the order is for more than 5 pieces of one article our prices will get decreased. Hoping to have been of assistance to you and awaiting your detailed inquiry.

• 英語

Homles, we seem to be going around in circles. We have accomplished absolutely nothing so far except to get ourselves nearly annihilated in the underground(地下鉄). ホームズ、私たち、無駄骨を折ってないか? 私たち、これまでのところ、何も成し遂げていない、~を除いて。 except以下、訳してください。

• 英文の意味を教えて下さい。

アメリカのネットショップで小物を購入予定です。 支払いの件で相手からメールが来ました。すみませんが意味を教えて下さい。お願いします。 Regretfully we still stand in the same situation, our company has not accepted your payment via credit card. As stated online and in our website no international credit cards are accepted. We have voided the transaction, since you are international we are not certain how many days for you to be able to see the money back into your account. As well it is not possible for us to send your order with our courier/shipper without receiving funds before. For international orders we are not able to collect COD as you mentioned. If interested in placing an order with our company we are able to accept wire transfer, there is a fee for this service. Based on the information you have provided and location, shipping fees exceed over $100.00. As mentioned we will need to receive all funds prior to shipping.