• ベストアンサー

和訳を御願いします

“The past two years, I’ve had to watch my chance slip away at this event, so I’m stoked I’m still in it, and hopefully we can confirm it in the next couple of heats.” これはサーフィンの選手権大会において記者に選手が答えている記事の一部なんですが、辞書やウェブ翻訳をつかっても、うまく内容が掴めません。(この「watch」は「期待する」の意味でいいですか?) すみませんが、どなたか教えて頂けないでしょうか。

noname#58610
noname#58610
  • 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数4

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • ydna
  • ベストアンサー率63% (179/281)
回答No.3

------- 拙訳 ------- 「この2年間、この大会では、自分のチャンスが消えていくのを見守るしかなかったんだ。だから、今年はまだ勝ち残っているので燃えているよ。これからの数試合で、それが証明できるといいね。」[やや意訳] 「去年と一昨年は、この大会で、自分のチャンスが消えていくのを連続で見守るしかなかったんだ。だけど、今年はまだ勝ち残っているからわくわくしてるよ。残りの数試合で優勝を決めることができると思ってる。」[意訳] ----------------------- (for) the past two years = 過ぎ去った2年間 've had to watch = watch することを、ずっとしなければいけなかった。(現在完了と、have to の組み合わせ) 現在完了で、『「現在」まで』の意味は、『「現在」の少し前まで』の意味にも使います。(この場合は、今の大会が「現在」で、去年の大会が「現在の少し前」) 継続の感覚を「連続で」で表しました。 watch my chance slip = 「watch O 動詞の原形 = O が~するのを見る」(特に動くもの/動く可能性のあるものを見続ける/見張るの意味) see は、「視界に(自然に)入る」の意味。 slip away = 「すべって離れていく」→「(成功などの機会が)消える」 I'm stoked I'm still in it = I'm stoked (that) I'm still in it = 「that 以下が原因で、stoked の状態である」 (that) = 原因を表す副詞節を導く接続詞 hopefully = 「願わくば」(文修飾)の意味で、「他に反対意見があるかもしれないが、自分はそう信じてる」の感覚。 we = 応援してくれている人も含めての感覚ではないでしょうか? comfirm it = 「意気込みがあることを証明する」(感情を示す/確認する/証明する)、「優勝を決める」(地位を確定する)のどちらでもいいように思います。いずれにせよ、Wickwire がツアーを捨てても、この大会に賭けている気持ちが出ていると思います。 the next couple of heats = 次の2、3の試合。(=決勝までの数試合) heats = 予選の試合の意味もありますが、どうやら、Wickwire が準(々)決勝に進んだ状況でのインタビューらしいので……。 heat を確認するためにサイトまで行ってきました。 以上、少しでもお役に立てたでしょうか?★★

noname#58610
質問者

お礼

遅くなってからのお礼でごめんなさい。 意味も詳しく教えてくださったので、よく内容が分かりました。 和訳して頂いてありがとうございます。

その他の回答 (2)

• ANASTASIAK
  • ベストアンサー率19% (658/3306)
回答No.2

この2年間、ぼくはチャンスが逃げていくのを指をくわえて 見ていなくちゃいけなかったんだ。だから、おれはまだ圏内 だぞってやる気を出してるだけど、できれば次の試合では勝 利に確信が持てればと思ってる。

noname#58610
質問者

お礼

遅くなってからのお礼でごめんなさい。 とてもくだけた表現なので、すごく伝わりやすかったです。 和訳して頂いてありがとうございます。

• tjhiroko
  • ベストアンサー率52% (2281/4352)
回答No.1

ここでのwatch は、チャンスが逃げていくのを黙って「見てるだけ」といったニュアンスでは。 全体の意味はこのような感じかと: 過去2年間、この大会ではチャンスをみすみす逃がしてしまったが、まだまだ行けるとやる気に火がついたからね、次の2つの試合ではそれを証明できればと思ってるよ。

noname#58610
質問者

お礼

遅くなってからのお礼でごめんなさい。 自分ではうまく繋げられなかったので、やっとしっくりきました。 和訳して頂いてありがとうございます。

関連するQ&A

• 和訳をよろしくお願いします

Two years ago, I met my price. [Dolls, price is such an interesting slip, I'm leaving it in.] He's loyal, royal, funny, cheeky, and great in bed. Dolls, price is such an interesting slip, I'm leaving it in.の和訳をよろしくお願いします

• 以下の文の和訳をお願いします

I will tell you all about it after I go! Hopefully my husband comes with me because he Did not come with me to Ireland and Scotland, I live in Ketcikan during the summers still and I live in Kentucky the rest of the year.

• 和訳をお願いいたします!

下記の英文を日本語に翻訳してもらえますでしょうか? 翻訳サイトの訳文ではほとんど内容が理解できませんでした、どうかお願いいたします。 At this time it is morning here in Valparaiso. I hope we keep in touch, I enjoy your photos in the Asian port. I hope to post pictures of my port then, but unfortunately I'm strapped and I have my camera and my computer at a pawn shop soon I hope to recover my stuff. I have been uploading photos from a couple of years. In a couple of days begins the season of fruits and cruise for 5 months come many ships. - Well I say goodbye and greetings from Valparaiso

• 和訳をお願いします。

I'm starting new phase in my life, I'm closing my past and starting a new journey in life. We have to take chances in life and I'm confident that my choice is correct. I left my night job because it was the same company my friend works at too this way the connection with her will be cut. Hopefully we can still be friends but I think she has closed the connection with me already. As for myself my health is improving with every passing day. The feelings I had for her are getting weaker so I believe my new journey will begin and this will bring closer to this chapter in my life. I'm sorry if I cause you any confusion with my e-mails but now I know how I really feel. You are very kind and understanding through this time in my life and I'm grateful for that. I hope that we can start again together. ほぼ理解していますが、内容が内容だけに確実にわかりたいのでお願いします。

• 英文和訳のお願い

以下の英文の分かりやすい日本語をお願いします。 In bull markets things go to prices which nobody can conceive of. I’m the bull, and I’m telling you, at one point I’m going to sellout and then they’re going double again. In the bull market in stocks, who would’ve thought that CISCO(社名) would have gone up a hundred times. It did. That’s what happens at the end of a bull market and that’s what’s going to happen at the end of the bull market in commodities. It’s still several years away.

• 和訳してもらいたいです

The sun was just coming up. I was in my sleeping bag, still half-asleep. Suddenly I heard an animal approaching. I slowly raised my head and looked over my feet. A female lion was coming toward me. I wanted to wake my wife Delia but I was afraid to move, because we were now on the open fields of the Kalahari. The lion walked past us to a bush ten feet away, and lay down next to a big male lion. Delia was wide awake now, and whispered to me, “Mark, look at the scar on his leg. Isn’t that Bones? ” Yes, it was the lion we named Bones. I had performed surgery on his broken leg a few years before. Turning my head, I saw lions sleeping around us, nine in all. We were in bed with a group of wild lions! Even after having lived on the Kalahari for five years, it was still a surprising and wonderful experience. (1)What did Mark hear when he was in his sleeping bag? (2)What did Delia see on the lion’s leg? (3)How many lions were sleeping around Mark and Delia? 和訳して(1)(2)(3)の問題に英語で答えてもらいたいです。

• 和訳なのですが、困っています><;

以下の文が全文なのですが、上から三段目あたりから、文の構造がどのようになっているのか、分かりません。一応訳してみたのですが、チェックをお願いいたしますm--mよろしくお願いします!*「あなたが脚本を選ぶ基準はなんですか」という質問に対する答えです* When I am in a position to choose - I want to be moved by the material - moved emotionally and hopefully socially - and then I want to sense that I can add to the experience in translating it for film. [私が選ぶ立場なら、私は感動や希望のある社会という題材によって感動したいです。そして経験をフィルムに移すことで、私は経験を付け足すことが出来ると感じとりたいのです。]

• 和訳をよろしくお願いします

I am a woman who follows a strict diet. It has nothing to do with weight or any medical condition. I don't care about calories. It's about eating organic, and there are a lot of things I do not tolerate, such as corn syrup, food coloring, table sugar, unfiltered water, etc. If I do not approve of a treat someone has made, is it appropriate to politely decline to accept it? On occasions where I'm given something I don't have to eat in front of them, I graciously accept it and then give it away later. On occasions where I'm given something I don't have to eat in front of them, I graciously accept it and then give it away later.の和訳をよろしくお願いします

• 和訳してください

I'm still in school.(←学校は始まってるというコトですか?) I would like to come to Tokyo.(←東京に行くというコトですかね?)

• 簡単に和訳をお願いします

Can you track the package and see where it is located. I think it is still in transit from Japan but I dont know who you used to track the package.