• 締切済み

訳や解説、ヒントなどが欲しいです

訳や解説を教えて欲しいです 1) If you need proof that they are unwelcome, the next time an acquaintance asks, `\how are you?` when you are having a really bad day, tell him. Then watch his reaction. 自分で訳すと、「もしあなたが彼が歓迎していないという証拠が必要なら 今度、あなたが本当に不調の日に、知り合いが「調子はどう?」と尋ねてきたら、彼に話す。 それから、彼の反応を見ろ。」 という訳はどうでしょうか? 個人的には、今度、あなたが本当に不調の日に、知り合いが「調子はどう?」と尋ねてきたら、彼に話す。の部分の 彼に話す、というのをもう少し人間的な口調にできないか、悩んでいます。 2)Give some thought to whether it would be best to resolve the issue then and there, wait for a better time, or watch further to see if it blows over. 最初のGive some thought toというのが難しいです。自分で訳すと、考えを与えなさい、となりました。 wait for a better time の部分は前の文にかかるのか、後ろの文にかかるのか、悩みましたが 後ろの文にかかると考えました。 自分で訳すと「その場そのときに、問題を解決するのが最善なのか、あるいは、ちょうどよい時間を待って、 問題が過ぎ去るのかどうかわかるようにさらに見ておくのが最善なのか、という考えを与えなさい。」 となりました。 3)Just because people do not feel comfortable showing their negative emotions does not mean they are not feeling them. becauseから始まっているので、前の文になにかあるのかと思ったんですが、感情のかくれんぼは暗黙の了解だ、と なっていて、あまり役に立ちません。。 文中でshowがing形になっているのはどうしてなんでしょうか? they are not feeling themのtheyは人々のことで、themは否定的な感情、のことでいいんでしょうか? 全訳を教えて欲しいです。 4)If you can learn to recognize, for exanmple, when someone feels frustrated with you, you can try to meet the problem head-on rather than leave it to simmer and turn from frustration to dislike to hostility. 訳すのが難しいんですが、「もし、あなたが認識することを学びうるなら、例えば、誰かがあなたに欲求不満を 感じているなら、あなたは問題を離して、ぐっとこらえることや欲求不満から嫌いになるとか嫌悪へ変化することよりもむしろ 正面から問題に向き合って取り組むことができる。」となります。 なんだか変な訳で、いまいち釈然としません。。 5)The beauty of knowing how to read body language is that, try as people might to cover up their `unacceptable` feelings, it is nearly impossible if you know what to look for. that以降が難しいんですが、try asが何故先頭に出ているんでしょうか? that以降だけ訳すと「彼らの許容できない感情を覆い隠そうとする人々にとって、それは不可能に近い。もしあなたが 探し方をしっているなら」になっちゃいます。 訳すコツなどないでしょうか? 訳じゃなくて、ヒントが欲しいです。 6) Even those whose lives depend on appearing cool, calm, and honest on the witness stand often fail at their task. この文は5)の直後の文です。 これはどう訳していいのか、難しいです。 those whose lives で主語なんでしょうか? witness stand は法廷の証人席のことだそうです。 これは全訳を教えてもらいたいです。 depend on のあとの appear がing形なのは、そういう構文なんですよね? 長くなり、すみません。 おねがいします。

みんなの回答

• NooGarde
  • ベストアンサー率28% (75/260)
回答No.1

最初はヒントだけが力になるかもと思い。 1) If you need proof that they are unwelcome, the next time an acquaintance asks, `\how are you?` when you are having a really bad day, tell him. Then watch his reaction they=your acquaintancesと考えてください。 tellは命令文。何を言えといっているのかがポイント。 2)Give some thought to whether it would be best to resolve the issue then and there, wait for a better time, or watch further to see if it blows over give thought toは熟語 giveは命令文 watchも命令文 see ifは構文 .3)Just because people do not feel comfortable showing their negative emotions does not mean they are not feeling them. just because people do not feel comfortableが副詞節 showing their negative emotions 主語 does not mean動詞、以下全部目的語 them=negative emotions 4)If you can learn to recognize, for exanmple, when someone feels frustrated with you, you can try to meet the problem head-on rather than leave it to simmer and turn from frustration to dislike to hostility. learnはもうひとつのほうの意味です。 whenは the time when someone feels frustrated with you,という関係副詞 leaveは~のままにしておく。 turn from A to B AからBへ変わる frustrationから hostilityへということです 5)The beauty of knowing how to read body language is that, try as people might to cover up their `unacceptable` feelings, it is nearly impossible if you know what to look for. beautyは良い点 is動詞 that以下補語 try as people might to cover up= though people might to try cover up という構文です 6)Even those whose lives depend on appearing cool, calm, and honest on the witness stand often fail at their task. those= those peopleと考えてください whoseから standまで関係代名詞 fail動詞 詳しい説明は後の回答者を参考にしてください。

medolusanonamida
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございました。 難しいですね。。 何度も読み直してみます。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

関連するQ&A

• 訳みてみてください。変な所と訳せなかった所のチェックしてください

Oh they answered you! That's great! 彼らはあなたに答えたのね。よかったよ So that was the e-mail from them... So what they are saying is that you must pay the □ to their account first and then they will send it to you. 彼らからのe-mail...彼らは言っている。あなたは□のお金を彼らの口座に先に払わないといけない。で、彼らはあなたに送るでしょう。 Like you pay the price for the □ to their bank account like you were paying a bill. □の値段の請求を払う、彼らの口座に?? SO: They will have to give their account NUMBER first and then you can pay it. Did they give it? If not, you must ask them to give it. 彼らはかれらの口座ナンバーを先に??そしてあなたは払う事ができます。彼らからナンバー貰った? Just say that it is ok that you pay the money to their account, if they will give you the number. それは言う??そのお金を彼らの口座に払う。もしあなたは彼らのナンバーを貰ったら But of course it depends on the thing that can you pay the money from your account to theirs? しかし勿論、それを頼っていいよ。あなたの郵便からそのお金払える??? What I basically mean is that you will have to pay the money first until they send the □. 基本的な意味は、あなたが先にお金を払い 彼らがそれを送る。 I want to send a map of 789 to you too! So, I think you'll get my letter next week maybe. 私は789の地図送ってほしい。あなたも??? だから来週くらいに私の手紙受け取れるよ。 長文申し訳ありません。 おねがいします

• 訳と文構造を教えていただけますか

what they were supposed eat ,would order the children to do so or tell them that they ought to eat it because it was good for them. Japanese mothers would ask their children a question,such as "How do you think it makes the man who grew these vegitablefor you to eat feel when you reject them?"Thus from a vegetables for you to eat feel when to do, while Japanese children are encouraged not only to consider other persons'feelings but also to contoral themselves as a result of their own considerate. もし可能であれば、訳のポイントを教えて下さい。 お願いいたします。

• (英作文)高校生が学校に携帯 禁止それとも?

次の文のことで、お尋ねしたいことがあります。 「現在、日本の多くの高等学校では、生徒が携帯電話を持ってくることを禁止しています。これについてあなたの考えを書きなさい」 1.下にある曖昧な作文ですが、言いたいことが伝わっていますでしょうか? 字数は、気にしなくてよいのですが、100語以上を目安にしています。 添削してくださるのもとても勉強になりますが、でも、2あなた様ならどのような主張で、どう英語で表現するかを書いてくださるととても助かります。 3、下の書き方はよい書き方でしょうか?それとも悪い書き方でしょうか? 「この文は何が言いたいのかさっぱりわからない」という場合は、遠慮なくおっしゃってください。 どういう表現にすればよかったのかを、一緒に問題を考えてくださると幸いです。 []は段落番号です。 [1] I am for high school students from carrying cell phones because it is not necessary for them at school. [2] When you come back home late because of school club activities, it is possible for them to get in touch with thier parents everwhere. However, we see many bad students absorbed in using a cell phone without considering other people's feelings and ther are not aware that they are bothering other people on the train or in the bus. When their friends call them up and they try to answer the phone, they speak loudly on the phone while they are bothering other poeple. We should't allow them to carry a cell phone while they are not considerating others. [3] There seems many high school students who can concentrate on studying, though they have a cell phone. However, the fact is that there are many high school students using it by sending e-mail to their friends and our teachers told them not to use it and not to carry it in school. [4] When they get into college and they are able to be responsible for what they do, they should buy their own cell phone, not asking their parents to buy it. It is obvious that a cell phone isn't nessesary for them.

• 訳を手伝ってくれませんか??(3)

First, I can see how one would think that atheists have a mental block. However, I think that if you don't agree with something, you're not going to believe it's the right way of thinking, and therefore may believe the person that does believe it is not capable of seeing the flaws in the religion, or lack thereof. I've had to try very hard to see why people can believe somethings, such as Catholics, or even the people that join cults! How can they believe it?! But then I stop and try to realize that they are just looking for something in their life, and for them, maybe it best suits their personality or needs at the time. こんにちは。これはアメリカ人からのメールで無神論者と信仰者についての話しなんですけれどいまいち何がいいたいのかわかりません。ちなみに彼女は無神論者で私は仏教徒です。 (1)I can see how one would think that atheists have a mental block. のmental blockは思考の停止と訳してよいのでしょうか??無神論者は精神的に成長する段階で壁があるということでしょうか? (2) However, I think that if you don't agree with something, you're not going to believe it's the right way of thinking, and therefore may believe the person that does believe it is not capable of seeing the flaws in the religion, or lack thereof. 貴方が何かに賛成しなければ、貴方はそれが正しい考え方と信じないでしょう。それゆえに貴方は宗教は欠点がないとを信じる人を信じるでしょう。 といった意味でしょうか?とても長い文章ですがどなたかお願いします<(_ _)>

• 英文訳をお願いします

英訳お願いします>< (1)To form a society individuals must be related in a certain manner. For instance,if people do not communicate with each other, if they are perpetually in aggressive physical combat if they do not cooperate with each other, and do so routinely over a period of time,then their interactions are not social and they don`t constitute a society. (2)The fact that animals lose their knowledge of things as time goes by,and consequently their interest in them,accounts for their absurd behavior in many situations. They constantly interrupt one line of action to do something else,and they may come back to the first activity or forget it altogether . Human beings, on the other hand,thanks to language, are able to pursue one purpose or act in relation to a principle or to an ideal over long periods of time. お願いします

• 訳を手伝ってください。

yes they are terrorists, but they had a family, some of them commit these terrible acts because they are told their families will be taken care of if they do, or they truly believe they will go to heaven for it. I don't agree with terrorism, I don't mean to imply that - but you can't ignore the factors of life and society that lead a person to commit such violent acts. It's all around us. In a society of billions of people, it's inevitable. The world can be extremely scary once you realize what humans are capable of. I honestly can't say I understand that type of mentality - willing to take another human's life. But then, my life is very easy.... アメリカ人とメールのやり取りをしてるんですけど辞書で調べてもなかなかうまく訳せません。 解らないところを詳しく言いますと、they are told their families will be taken care of if they do の文です。 それとThe world can be extremely scary once you realize what humans are capable of. これは何をいいたいのかさっぱりわかりません。 最後に最後の文のmy life is very easy.... すみませんがどなたかお願いします!!

• "To that"について

以下はロイターのweb版にあった一節です。 "But when you try to tell the victims that their penises are still there, they tell you that it's become tiny or that they've become impotent. To that I tell them, 'How do you know if you haven't gone home and tried it'," he said. このパラグラフの中程にある"To that"とはどのような意味・用法で使われているのでしょうか? そして訳すとしたらどのような形になるのでしょうか? お手数ですが、どなたかご教示お願いいたします。

• 英語の訳をお願いします!!

The american students, on the other hand, are just the opposite.They come to the cafeteria onlyto eat.They don't stay and talk for very long.Of course, they have pleasure chats here and there,but it appears to me that they keep the chat time to a minimum as if to say that longer talk was a waste of time. When they have something else to do, they leave,even when their friends are still at the table.When they get up from the table to leave, it seems they always look at their watches first.They often say something such as 'Whoa,look at the time!I have to go.'Then they run off.They would rather obey their watches than stay with their friends.

• この文の nearly の訳と働きが分からない

Man, the chimpanzee and the gorilla are so similar that it is practically impossible to tell them apart. Absurd, you say. Gorillas are hairy giants of the forest, weighing half a ton, and chimps, though smaller, are no less hairy. As for man, he walks upright, for one thing, has a large brain, and is naked. The three couldn’ t be easier to distinguish. But, if you were to look only at their DNA ― the long molecule of heredity ― you would find it a hard task indeed to separate man from the chimpanzee and the gorilla. The three species share almost 99 per cent of their DNA, and on that basis, surely, they should not look nearly as different as they do. 上の文の最後の文のnearlyがどこにかかり、また、最後の文がどのような訳になるのか分かりません。nearly は副詞なので、文の構成要素ではないので、前文までの論理展開を考えるて、最後の文はnealyを無視して訳したら「その3つの種(人間、チンパンジー、ゴリラ)はほぼDNAのほぼ99パーセントを共有していて、その根拠に基づけば、3つの種は見た目ほど違いはない」となると思います。 しかし、nearlyの働きが分かりません。 まず、前にあるlook にかかるのか、後ろのas differentにかかるのかが分かりません。 また、nearlyは「ほぼ」と訳すと思いますが、nearlyを無視して作った訳のどこに入れたらよいのか分かりません。 お分かりになりましたら、教えてください。

• 訳お願いします!

夢についての話だと思います。 訳お願いしますm(._.)m お願いします! Flying If you dream about flying and looking down on the people below, you may have an inferiority complex. Your dream may express your desire to be looked up to by others. Or, if you find yourself flying so high that you can't see anything below and feel no fear of falling, it may mean that you want to escape from your burdens. Climbing You may think that a dream about climbing mountains means you are trying to overcome difficulties. Whether or not this is true may depend on what kind of mountain you are climbing. If you are climbing a mountain with heavy snow and cold winds in winter, it may mean that you are in a bad situation. However, if you are climbing a mountain in warm weather in spring, it may mean that your life is going well. Being Chased If you dream about a person following you, it may mean that you have thoughts you wish to escape from. For example, you may be thinking you did something wrong. Or, if you are being chased by wild animals, it may mean you have strong characteristics in yourself that you want to escape from.

このQ&Aのポイント
  • スマートフォンからの印刷方法を知りたい。PCから印刷しようとしても最初のページしか印刷できない。問題の解決方法を教えてください。
  • お使いの環境はWindows11で無線LANに接続されています。関連するソフトはエクセルで、電話回線はIP電話です。
  • ブラザー製品のDCP-J557Nについて、スマートフォンからの印刷方法やPCからの印刷トラブルの対処方法について教えてください。
回答を見る