• ベストアンサー

文法 の質問です

質問: 中段のの文章  Where he with we not had the experience here, there's less willingness on the part of the political establishment to spend the money. が文法的に理解できません。 1.Where は文法的にどのような使われ方ですか? 2.not had という語順は普通は逆ですが何故この場合はこうなっているのですか? BRATTON: No, we don't have that money, unfortunately. But understandably, New York, having gone through the two most significant terrorist incidents in our history, it's understandable. Where he with we not had the experience here, there's less willingness on the part of the political establishment to spend the money. At the same time, I think we've been able to develop a very robust counterterrorism operation. So we feel that we're in good shape in terms of the gathering of intelligence... 出典は CNN LARRY KING LIVE Aired July 16, 2007 - 21:00 ET

• goof
  • お礼率74% (794/1062)
  • 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数4

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • tjhiroko
  • ベストアンサー率52% (2281/4352)
回答No.2
goof
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございました。 ミスプリだったのですね。 良く分かりました。

その他の回答 (1)

• good23
  • ベストアンサー率24% (62/251)
回答No.1

1. 場合、とか、ナニナニの時 この会話の文章は、一部文法も単語も間違って口から発せられています。 2. 逆は、強調しているだけです。 

goof
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございました。 1.接続詞で了解です。

関連するQ&A

• 文法の質問が2問あります

こんにちは! 文法の質問なんですが、よろしくお願いします。 1つ目 Many spend long periods trapped on land. この文章は「spend in ~ing」のin~ingが省略されてるのでしょうか? Many spend long periods in being trapped on land. ということでしょうか? 2つ目 There is something threatening to be sitting there, trapped by the light. ここのto beの不定詞は何用法なんでしょうか? よろしくお願いいたします。

• 英訳と文法的な説明を教えて下さい

英字新聞の輪読会で次のような文章に出会いました。 [Since Japan has hosted a World Cup, the German tournament will have a greater economic impact than it would have had had Japan not had such an experience], because now there is more public interest here in soccer. そして (had Japan not had such an experience)に「そのような経験を日本がしていなかったら」と注がついていました。 それに対して、私たちは[ ]の部分を直訳ですが、「日本はワールド・カップの主催国になったことがあるので、ドイツのトーナメントは、もしそのような経験を日本がしていなかったら(していなかった時)、持ったかも知れない経済効果よりずっと大きな経済効果を持つだろう。」と考えました。 1.この正確な訳、(出来れば私たちが文法的に判るよう直訳で)を教えて下さい。 2.(had Japan not had such an experience)の文法的な説明をお願い致します。

• 文法

(1)It being Sunday,there was no school. (2)the meeting being over ,people came out of the room. (1)のbeingが省略できず、(2)が省略できるのはなぜですか? また、( )anything else to buy,she went out of the store.の問題で自分はNot having hadだと思いましたが、正解はNot having.でした。 なぜ、Not having hadにしたかと言えば、時間差があると思ったので過去よりさらに過去にしなくては・・・。と思いました。 The sun having set,we hurried to our home. と比較して説明いただけると助かります。

• there~

there is(are)~は~があるという意味なんですがこれは度々I have~などにいいかえれますよね?例えば there is less snow in okinaiwa. 沖縄の人がwe have less snow in here. there are a lot of reasons for me to say so. I got a lot of reasons to say so 使い分けはどうしたらいいんでしょうか?? there構文は代名詞はだめなのはわかっています。

• 文法問題いくつか。

1.It was in To Have and Have Not, the first movie Humphrey Bogart and Lauren Bacall starred in together , ( ) Bacall uttered her famous line ' If you need anything ,just whistle (A) that (B) where (C) which (D) who B) where では駄目ですか? 2.I have lived here for three years. は間違いですか? for→sinceに変える問題。 3.「彼はおしゃべりではありません」 を英訳したいんですが、 He is a man of silence では駄目ですか? 4.. アルクのサイトで could care less couldn't care less この二つがまったく同じ意味だったんですが 入力ミスではないんですか?

• 文法問題

( )に入る番号を教えて下さい! (1)( )his term paper in haste,Mike made a lot of mistakes. (1)Do (2)Done (3)Having done (4)Does (2)My mother ( )shck, I cooked dinner. (1)be (2)being (3)been (4)to be (3)My sister worked hard,( )into the university at last. (1)get (2)gets (3)getting (4)gotten (4)( )at the sight,I could not move. (1)Shock (2)Shocked (3)shocking (4)To shock (5)( ) (1)To talk of sports,I like tennis best. (2)Talked of sports,I like tennis best. (3)Talking of sports ,I like tennis best. (6)( ) (1)Strictly speaking,he is not a novelist. (2)To be strict speaking,he is not a novelist. (3)Speak strict,he is not a novelist. (7)( ) (1)There was no bus,I had to walk there. (2)There being no bus,I had to walk there. (3)Being no bus, I had to walk there. (8)If you had helped me,I ( )my work. (1)cannot finish (2)could not have finished (3)could not be finished (4)can have finished (9)If I ( )Keiko's address,I would write to her. (1)know (2)am knowing (3)would know (4)knew

• 文法問題

( )に入る番号を教えて下さい! (1)If I had had enough money then,I ( )the bag. (1)could buy (2)bought(3)could have bought (4)had bought (2)I ( )you if I had enough time. (1)can see (2)could see (3)cannot see (4)could have seen (3)( )I you,I wouldn't do such a shilly thing. (1)Am (2)Would (3)Were (4)If (4)He wishes he ( )a car;taxis are so expensive. (1)can drive (2)could drive (3)will drive (4)drives (5)If it ( )your advice,we would not be able to fish this task. (1)was not (2)had not for (3)were not (4)were not for (6)( ) (1)If it was nice tomorrow,we will go there. (2)If it had been nice tomorrow,we will go there. (3)If it is nice tomorrow,we will go there. (7)( ) (1)If I only could speak French! (2)Only if I could speak French! (3)If only I could speak French! (8)( ) (1)It's almost eleven. it's time you go to bed. (2)It's almost eleven. It's time you went to bed. (3)It's almost eleven. It's time you had gone to bed. (9)You( )have brought your umbrella. It didn't rain. (1)need not (2)should (3)must not (4)can

• 至急英語にお願いします

If you like to save money, you might be penalized for this in the future. This would encourage people not to hold money, but spend it. This might be important in societies such as Japan, where people traditionally save large amounts of money. A strong economy is one in which money changes hands often. Money "grows" in this way.

• 英語の問題がわかりません。

一応考えた答えは1が(1)か(3),2が(2),3が(1)です。 わかる方がいたら教えて下さい。お願いします。 1 We were surprised at his ( ) to our proposal.  (1)willing to agree (2)willingness of his agreeing (3)willingness to agree (4)willingness in agreeing 2 The car isn't here today because Jane ( ) it. She generally uses the bus, but the drivers are on strike.  (1)uses (2)is using (3)used (4)was using 3 I could not bear to think of ( ) to that cruel woman.  (1)my dog being sold (2)my dog selling (3)my dog to sell (4)my dog's to be sold

• 英語の翻訳をお願いします。

ネットでカメラを購入したいと言うギリシャの方から来たメールです。 Due to (crazy...!) capital control from the National Bank of Greece I can not pay the money by pay pal Is there any e-mail to try to transfer the money from my account to your e-mail? Your camera seems nice Here in Greece we are very confused about this problem We can not buy consumer items from unknown number of counties This a serious problem for because we cant use our credit cards and e-bay/ paypal accounts Best regards よろしくお願いします。