• ベストアンサー

お願いします 翻訳を!!お願いです。

Tuesday night was full of numbers ,but they were the number of the dead and wounded, a list still stunningly incomplete and likely to remain so for days to come. Every routine, every habit that this city knew was fractured on Tuesday. If a flight full of commuters can be turned into a missile of war, everything is dangerous. アメリカの同時多発テロについて事件発生後すぐInternational Hereld Tribuneが報じた記事の一部です。 だいたいの内容でもいいのでこの英文の内容を教えていただきたいです。特に最初のセンテンスの概要さえもつかめなくて。 長い英文の1部なので非常に分かりにくてごめんなさい。 この文あたりから 記事の内容がチンプンカンプンになってしまって困っています。助けてください。

• kosae
  • お礼率8% (5/61)
  • 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数3

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • taka2456
  • ベストアンサー率29% (36/122)
回答No.1

テロ直後死傷者の数が新聞やテレビなどでいろいろと飛び交っていた状況をのべているものだと思います 英訳は 「火曜日の夜は数字であふれていた、しかしその数字というのは死傷者の数でしかもそのリストはぼう然とさせられるほど不完全なものでありはっきりするまでには数日はかかるであろう」 こんな意味でしょうかあとは自分でお願いします 自信ないんで他の人の回答を参考にしてください

その他の回答 (2)

• nijntje
  • ベストアンサー率33% (4/12)
回答No.3

>Tuesday night was full of numbers , 火曜日の夜は数字であふれかえっていた。 >but they were the number of the dead and wounded, a list still stunningly incomplete and likely to remain so for days to come. しかしその数字とは、死者数であり、負傷者数であり、そのリストは愕然とする程未だに増え続けており、来たる数日間のあいだは増加していく一方であることが予想される。 stunningly の stun は「スタンガン」のスタンです。心や体に受けた驚き、ショックで一瞬動けなくなってしまうようなかんじ。良い意味にも、悪い意味にも使います。 a list(死傷者リスト)が incomplete(出来上がらない)ってことは、死傷者が増え続けているからですね。remain so= remain incomplete >Every routine, every habit that this city knew was fractured on Tuesday. この町が覚えていた全ての日常、全ての習慣は、この火曜日、粉々に砕かれてしまった。 主語が this city ですから、擬人化表現を生かして、fracture の格式的な言い回しも加えたいところです。 >If a flight full of commuters can be turned into a missile of war, everything is dangerous. 通勤者でいっぱいの飛行機が、戦争に使われるミサイルに変わってしまうとしたら、もはや危険でないものは何一つなくなってしまう。 everything is dangerous=すべてのものが危険だ とするより、否定形+否定形の日本語に直したほうが、緊迫感が生まれます。『飛行機がミサイルに変わるなんて馬鹿馬鹿しい』、それが現実になってしまっては・・・という状況はご存知ですよね。

• Mell-Lily
  • ベストアンサー率27% (258/936)
回答No.2

火曜日の夜は、数字が飛び交っていた、しかし、それは、死者と負傷者の数だった。(死者と負傷者の)リストは、未だに、驚くほど不完全であり、このままの状態が何日も続きそうである。火曜日は、この街(ニューヨーク)のあらゆる日課や習慣が中断された。通勤者が乗り込んだ飛行機が戦争用のミサイルに変身し得るならば、もう、安全だと断言できるものはないに等しい。

関連するQ&A

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

Ty Stalnaker sent in the following review of Stone Temple Pilots' show in Sunrise, Florida: Stone Temple Pilots with Chester Bennington played the BB&T Center last night. While possibly an over-ambitious location, the band was eager to please. Naturally, seeing how Bennington would fit was where most of the intrigue was, and for most of the material he was up to the task. His voice and style seems best for loud and fast songs, like Vasoline and the new Out of Time. Wicked Garden seemed to bring out the strongest of his performances. Softer and more mid-tempo territory like Sour Girl was a bit more uneven. The DeLeo brothers and Eric Kretz churned out the mostly-familiar music, but the other interesting addition was a handful of “new” old songs, Pop's Love Suicide and Church on Tuesday among them. Bennington's voice fit Pop's Love Suicide almost as smoothly as the original recording, and Church on Tuesday was a delight to hear, featuring an additional guitar solo on the outro.

• 翻訳をお願い致します。

Trump’s Warning To North Korea Called ‘Exactly Wrong’ And ‘Reckless’ President Donald Trump issued a stark warning to North Korea on Tuesday promising to unleash “fire, fury and, frankly, power, the likes of which this world has never seen before” if the country continues to escalate its threats against the U.S. “North Korea best not make any more threats to the United States,” Trump said Tuesday in a short statement to reporters before a meeting on the national opioid crisis. “They will be met with fire and fury like the world has never seen. [North Korean leader Kim Jong Un] has been very threatening beyond a normal state.”

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

ASHLEY HAMILTON TALKS FRIENDSHIP WITH SCOTT WEILAND, THE WONDERGIRLS & IRON MAN 3 Once upon a time, a record label would mean a band’s avenue to success, or prove to be its undoing. The Wondergirls, an ambitious project spearheaded by entertainer Ashley Hamilton, fell victim to the furtive tactics of the industry. Nowadays, with the advent of the internet, the concept of needing a label is obsolete. With that in mind, Hamilton and his partners in the group are planning a comeback. In concept, the band, the brainchild of actor/songwriter Ashley Hamilton, was a late 90′s/early 2000′s rock and roll dream team: the roster was filled by some of the most popular artists of the time, including Scott Weiland of Stone Temple Pilots, Jay Gordon and Ryan Shuck of Orgy, Troy Van Leeuwen of A Perfect Circle, and Ian Astbury of The Cult. However, after recording a full length album, a string of mishaps led to the destruction of the band. Besides an interview with the Stone Temple Pilots fansite Below Empty last year that first unearthed some details of the group; not much was known about the ill fated band. This was before the band’s sudden and inexplicable return for the Iron Man 3 soundtrack, and I had the chance to talk with Ashley Hamilton himself and shed some more light on both incarnations of the project.

• 翻訳をお願い致します。

We didn't sound like the Beatles, but we took that blueprint and the idea of being a band. Sure, there are some bands that have one sound and do it really well. But we looked at the idea of the Beatles and thought to really do it right, we had to evolve. We had to go into a cocoon every once in a while and come out as a butterfly and not an ugly moth.”

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

So my guess is that some scenario similar to the one I depicted above played out recently for the boys from STP. They were dealt a crappy hand and were forced to fold and move to another table. Why they held out so long I can only assume was rooted in their loyalty to a band mate who chose alcohol over them. It's unfortunate. It sucks. But what Scott Weiland was doing to Robert, Dean, Eric and their families was unforgivable. I say good luck to them. Chester is every bit as talented as his predecessor and from what I can tell of my brief encounter with him he will never become a threat to their future. Good luck guys. Thanks for having us the other night.

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

He continued: "Chester was really the only person we thought of having come in. He was a fan of STP and when we talked to him his full idea was 'If we're going to do this, I want to do this honoring the past but moving forward in a direction with contributing something valid to music.' That's where we really agreed in the utmost — having that sentiment of moving forward. "There's a lot of songs that I'm really anxious to play, especially with someone who can sing those songs and perform those songs the way they were written.

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

Basically it was the same thing all over again. In this situation it's like, I don't know what the terms of your own personal contract was, but I was unlawfully fired. We had specific rules in our contract on how it has to be done, and it wasn't followed.” On the problems in STP last year: “There were financial things we were dealing with, and I also felt on a creative level that we needed to take a break. I felt like we were playing the same set over and over and over. We were supposed to do a big big release of the box set for the 20th anniversary of Core and go on tour in the summer of 2012 and play Core in its entirety which is an idea we got from a couple other bands, namely Weezer. It was hugely successful, and for us to do that with Core, the offers we were getting were amazing, and they didn't want to do it. There was a lot of promotion that would have had to take place. So that didn't happen, so we ended up playing the greatest hits set, which was basically the same version of the set we had been playing since 2008 when we got back together.

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

"We're right in the midst of getting a five-song EP together. We have 'Out Of Time', which is currently out there as a single and we have another song called 'Tomorrow', which was recorded when we did 'Out Of Time'. We're looking to release that EP in October and that's really exciting because we're moving forward and we're creating new music that we're all really proud of." Asked if there was a backlash from the STP fan base because of Chester's involvement, Robert said: "I think there was going to be. How many have people have terminated their singer and wanted to terminate their singer? [laughs]

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

Dean and I wanted to do something, we wanted to be part of the 12.12.12 concert but we ran it by Scott [Weiland] and he didn't want to do it. I think he was already booked to actually go back and do Starland at the time [his shows were rescheduled to other venues in December of 2012]. He was doing the solo stuff and [because of that] we didn't have the chance to go back. That's pretty fucking frustrating man. So to come back here now and re-open this, it means a lot. It's a really big deal for Dean and I.” Stone Temple Pilots fired Weiland in February and Chester Bennington replaced him in May.

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

Guitarist Corey Hickok and keyboardist Britt Willits initially remained from Soi-Distant, and the lineup was rounded out by ¾ of the STP lineup we have come to know: Scott Weiland, Robert DeLeo, and drummer Eric Kretz. There was also a drummer named David Allin, a high school friend of Scott's, who played drums before Kretz. The details surrounding his time in the band are vague. Scott and Robert had seen Kretz performing with another band, and were impressed and immediately asked him to join their band. Kretz was from San Jose, California and attended Willow Glen High School. DeLeo eventually decided that they didn't need a keyboardist, and they became a four piece. The band were based in Hollywood but played in Los Angeles and Orange County. Swing had more of a funk and hard edged alternative rock sound than Soi-Distant, one of their early songs was called “Drop the Funk.” Dean, Robert's older brother, moved to San Diego in the mid 80's and became a successful businessman. He had given up the guitar, but helped out the early version of STP get some gigs down in San Diego.