• ベストアンサー

英文和訳についての質問。

Movies gave you tips about how to be attractive, such as: it looks good to wear a raincoat even when it isn't raining. But whatever you took home from the movies was only a part of the larger experience of losing yourself in faces, in lives that were not yours ― which is the more inclusive form of desire embodied in the movie experience. The strongest experience was simply to surrender to, to be transported by, what was on the screen. You wanted to be kidnapped by the movie. 例えば、映画によってあなたの心が魅力的になる方法についてのおしえてくれました。つまり、雨が降っていないときでさえ、レインコートを着ることはよく見えます。しかし、あなたが映画から家へもってかえったものは何でも、表面的に自分自身の大きな経験の一部分を見失うだけで、生活において、あなた自身のものではない。つまり、それは映画の経験の中で具体化された形態をより含んでいるのである。最も印象強い経験は、単にスクリーン上で動いているものが引き渡されることであった。あったことに降伏することになっていました。あなたは、映画に誘拐されたかったと思った。 うまく訳せませんでした。この英文の訳を教えてください。よろしくお願いします。

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数3

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • go_urn
  • ベストアンサー率57% (938/1643)
回答No.1

こんにちは! 少しずつ区切って訳していきます。 Movies gave you tips about how to be attractive, such as: 映画はあなたにいかにすれば魅力的になれるかのヒントを与えてくれる。例えば―― it looks good to wear a raincoat even when it isn't raining. たとえ雨が降っていなくてもレインコートを着るのはカッコイイとか。 But whatever you took home from the movies was only a part of the larger experience of losing yourself in faces, in lives that were not yours しかし、あなたが映画から家に持ち帰るものが何であれ、それは、自分のものでもない顔(=俳優の顔)や生活に没入するというより大きな経験の1部にすぎない。 ― which is the more inclusive form of desire embodied in the movie experience. それ(=没入すること)は、映画体験の中で具現化される、より大きな欲求である。 The strongest experience was simply to surrender to, to be transported by, what was on the screen. 最も強烈な経験は、スクリーンに写しだされるものに、ただただ身をまかせ、運び去られることである。 You wanted to be kidnapped by the movie. (つまり)あなたは、映画にさらわれたかったのである。

kamenoko01
質問者

お礼

丁寧に回答していただいてどうもありがとうございました。 本当に助かりました!!

その他の回答 (1)

回答No.2

No.1さんの回答はすごくていねいですね。 あえて付け加えるなら現在時制と過去時制の区別をされるとさらに完璧になるのでは? 下から2文目の"to be transported by"の部分は挿入句で、 (というか"to surrender to"の言い換えで) そこを( )でくくれば"…surrender to what was on the screen."となってるのが見えてきますね?

kamenoko01
質問者

お礼

回答していただきどうもありがとうございました。

関連するQ&A

• 英文和訳について(2)

The first prerequisite of being kidnapped was to be overwhelmed by the physical presence of the image. And the conditions of "going to the movies" were essential to that. To see a great film only on TV isn't to have really seen that film. It's not only the difference of dimensions: the superiority of the larger-than-you image in the theater to the little image on the box at home. さらわれることの最初の必要条件は、イメージの身体的な存在に圧倒されることであった。そして、「映画へ行く」ことの条件は、そのことににとって必須でした。テレビですばらしい映画を見るだけでは、その映画を本当に見ていることになっていないのである。それは、局面的な違いだけではない。あなたがもつ優越性によって自宅で箱の上で小さな像のイメージを映画館の中で作る。 うまく訳せませんでした。 この英文の訳を教えてください。よろしくお願いします。 前文参照: http://okwave.jp/qa3000195.html

• 英文の和訳

和訳をしていただけるかた のみで、お願いできますでしょうか? 定型文となりますので 抽象的だと思いますが どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。 In the old days the declination and longitude of every planet and star had to be calculated by hand. A terrible task, an awesome task, taking many hours to complete and the chart itself was drawn up by hand using mathematical instruments. When I began to study astrology I learned and used the old tables of houses and planets, the pen and compass and the old authentic methods. I wanted to know astrology thoroughly. To me it was like and old and neglected building, I wanted to restore it to its former glory. The chart was like deciphering an ancient book of signs and symbols and translating them for you into language you can understand. From these symbols I can draw up a distinct picture of the future love of your life.

• 英文の和訳

和訳をしていただけるかたのみで お願いできますでしょうか? 1段落と2段落の前半部分になります。 どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。 It resulted in Soul Mate Chart One. But the research dear friend is ongoing, it never stops. I constantly work to improve my methods. Knowledge is infinite. From that first same genesis came Soul Mate Two. The second reading in the series All love whether brief or lasting is predestined by some power. All love is profound. More than any other human experience love is the emotional and spiritual food that nourishes the soul. Fate does not mean you or anyone to be lonely forever. It is something you will be irresistibly drawn to by a nameless mysterious power within, that mankind calls attraction.

• 英文の和訳お願いします

You should accept the (important) of not making excuses for what you do. Excuses are everywhere. In school, if you do not do (good) in an examination, you do not say it is because you didn't prepare enough for it but instead blame it on the teacher who set difficult questions on the exam. In sport, if your team loses, you put it fown to things the opponents did unfairly or other factors like refereeing decisions.  If you cannot make it in a job interview, you blame it on the interviewer or the employment system. You can, however, be one who (make) no excuses. Making excuses just stops you from improving or working harder. Instead, admitting that others are better than you can be a (positively) experience because you can use it as your motivation to become even better than them. (Cutting) excuses and you will have more chances to get ahead in life. カッコ内は文法的に正しい形じゃありません。 お願いします。

• 英文の和訳お願いします

和訳お願いします。 One summer's day in 1862, a young man and a pretty little girl got into a rowing boat on the River Thames. The man was Charles Dodgson, a professor of mathematics at Oxford University, and the pretty dark-haired girl was Alice Liddell, his friend's daughter. It was a very hot day and as he gently rowed the boat on the peace- ful river, his young companion began to get restless. "Tell me a story," she said, "with plenty of nonsense in it." So Dodgson began to invent a fantastic story to amuse his pretty young friend. "Alice was beginning to get very tired," he began, "sitting with nothing to do... Dodgson made Alice the central character of the story, and as he described her fantastic journey, little Alice Liddell listened atten- tively, smiled, laughed and cried. This was the beginning of a story that would captivate children throughout the world for the next hundred years. He called the story, "Alice's Adventures in Wonder land' and published it under the name of Lewis Carroll. In the winter of 1928, a little old lady entered Sotheby's, a fa mous auctioneer's in London. "Excuse me," she said, "I was told you accept manuscripts for auction. You see, I need some money, so I would like to sell thi old manuscript. "Yes, we do accept manuscripts," said the auctioneer, "but they have to be original and by famous authors. "This is an original manuscript, it was given to me many years ago by a friend of my family," replied the old lady, "I don't want to part with it, but I have to sell it." She handed him the manuscript. He opened it and read the hand- written inscription inside. "A Christmas gift to a dear child in memory of a Summer's day. The auctioneer stopped reading and looked up at the little old woman who was standing in front of him. Tears were rolling down her cheeks. You... you are Alice," he said slowly. "Yes," replied the old lady, "I am Alice." The manuscript was sold to an American collector for $77,000, and Alice lived comfortably until her death.

• 和訳お願いします。

Making a free fall such as this will indeed be a vertiginous experience.It is easy to fall 325 yards,but it has hitherto been doubtful whether one would do this and survive.This problem has been solved by the inventor.He has designed a cage in the shape of a gun-shell containing a round chamber some 13 feet high and about 10 feet in diameter in which fifteen persons can sit extremely comfortably in soft armchairs arranged in a circle.The floor is fomed by a mattress with spiral springs 20 inches high.The bottom half consists of concentric metal cones which provide a further measure of resilience.The total height of the apparatus is almost 33 feet and its weight,inclusive of the electric lighting,10 tons. It is intended to drop this gigantic shell from the top of the 325-yard-high Eiffel Tower.It will be prevented from being smashed to pieces by falling into a water-filled pond shaped like a champagne glass.This pond will be 60 yards deep with a maximum diameter of 54 yards.The water will serve as a shock absorber.Monsieur Carron assures us that because of this,and because of the springs inside,the shock felt by the occupants on landing will be by no means unpleasant.When they have got out,the giant shell can again be raised to the top of the Eiffel Tower to permit another group of adventures to experience the thrills of a free fall.According to the inventor,the shell can be operated profitably at a fee of twenty francs per passenger per trip,which is by no means an excessive charge for such a vertiginous experience as this promises to be.

• 英文を和訳して下さい。

Following the setbacks at the Hanna on 21 January 1916, Lieutenant-General Aylmer's Tigris Corps spent the month of February refitting and collecting reinforcements. Despite the pause, the Tigris Corps was still unable to be brought back up to full strength. The 13th (Western) Division had been dispatched as reinforcements from Egypt where it was being brought back to strength following its evacuation from Gallipoli. However, by the end of February, only the 13th Division's first battalions had reached the theatre, and only two of those had been transported up river by end of February. The British position at Kut was becoming more desperate. Food stocks were estimated to last only until the middle of April, even with the discovery of an additional store of grain in late January. Additionally, there was the concern that time was running out in another way: the weather. Based on the known weather patterns of the region, the latest that the Anglo-Indian Tigris Corps could expect favourable weather to hold was the middle of March. After that, the spring thaw would be in full swing. Combined with the coming rainy season, it would turn the areas along the banks of the Tigris into a flooded quagmire.

• 短い英文を和訳して下さい。

With Lettow-Vorbeck's forces now confined to the southern part of German East Africa, Smuts began to withdraw his South African, Rhodesian and Indian troops and replaced them with Askari of the King's African Rifles, which by November 1918 had 35,424 men. By the start of 1917, more than half the British Army in the theatre was already composed of Africans and by the end of the war, it was nearly all African troops. Smuts himself left the area in January 1917 to join the Imperial War Cabinet at London.

• 英文の和訳をお願いします。

下記の文の穴埋めと指定部分の和訳をお願いします。 Two beakers were ( 1 ) with water. In each beaker a glass cylinder was immersed, across the bottom of which a membrane was tied. The membrane allowed water to pass through it freely, but it would not allow molecules of dissolved protein to pass which ( 2 ) molecules to pass through it is known as permeable membrane. However, since the membranes used in this experiment allowed only molecules of the solvent to pass through, they are ( 3 ) as semi-permeable membranes. Two protein solutions were then made up, one at a concentration of 5g dm^-3,and the other at 10 g dm^-3. Some of the 5 g dm^-3 solution was ( 4 ) into one of the glass cylinders, and some of the 10 g dm^-3 solution into the other cylinder. The levels of the water in the beakers and the protein solutions in the glass cylinders were ( 5 ) until they were all equal. The experiment was then left for a period of twenty-four hours. After twenty-four hours, it was ( 6 ) that the levels of the water and protein solutions were considerably different from when the experiment was ( 7 ). The level of liquid in the cylinders was seen to be higher than the level of the water in the beakers. Moreover, when the height of the liquid in each cylinder was ( 8 ), /ここから和訳/ it was found that the height of the column of liquid in the cylinder containing the more concentrated solution was twice the height of the other solution. ( )内は以下の語群から、適切な形に変えて選ぶ begin/pour/know/observe/fill/allow/adjust/measure よろしくお願いします。

• 英文の和訳で困っています 和訳を助けてください

英文の和訳で困っています 和訳を教えていただきたいです よろしくお願いします!! More plausible in Paul Zanker’s suggestion that the building, whose auditorium would have held between 1,500 and 2,000 people, may have served as an assembly chamber for meetings of the colonists. Its architectural form tallies well enough with that of assembly-halls or council-chambers in certain Hellenistic cities in the Aegen area, notably Priene and Miletus in Asia Minor. The fact that it was situated next to the large theatre does not imply that it, too, was intended for public entertainments. The position of both buildings was dictated by the convenience of a hill-slope in which the auditoria could be hollowed.