• ベストアンサー

和訳(1文)です

Most adults would instantly stop trying to do whatever they did as badly as a new walker does his walking. この英文を自分なりに訳してみたのですが (訳)「たいていの大人は、散歩の初心者が散歩をやめるみたいに何事もすぐに諦めてしまうだろう。」 (直訳)「ほとんどの大人たちは、散歩の初心者が散歩をやめるのと同じくらい甚だしく、自分が何をしていたにせよそれに挑戦することを即座にやめてしまうだろう。」 (自分の考え) *a new walker does his walking このdoesはstopの代動詞。=a new walker stop his walking “散歩の初心者が散歩をやめる” *badlyは程度の甚だしさ(非常に、大いに)。as badly asは比較。 つまりbadlyはas~asの前と後ろが同じくらい甚だしいということ “ほとんどの大人が挑戦するのをやめる”=“散歩の初心者が散歩をやめる” この二つの”instantly”の程度が同じくらい”badly”(甚だしい)と言っている ・・・これであっていますか? なんか「たいていの大人は、自分がしたことはどんなことであっても、ウォーキングの初心者のウォーキングのように下手くそだったら、それに挑戦するのを即座にやめてしまうだろう」みたいな意味の方がありがちな気がするのですが。 分かる方おりましたら訳をお願いします。

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • Hideto123
  • ベストアンサー率30% (126/420)
回答No.2

的外れだとは思いますが・・・、 最初に見たときに、a new walker は、よちよち歩きの(歩き出したばかりの赤ん坊)のことかと思いました。 adult(おとな)と赤ちゃんを対比させているのかと・・・。 >whatever they did as badly as a new walker does his walking. they did badly 彼らが不器用にやる → 歩き始めた赤ん坊が歩くのと同じくらいに不器用に。 で、 たいていの大人は、自分がしていることが、歩き始めた赤ん坊が歩くのと同じくらいに不器用なことなら、すぐにやめてしまうだろう。 となるのかと思いました。 全然違っていたら申し訳ないです <(_ _)>ペコリ

hktasa
質問者

お礼

遅れてすみません、ありがとうございました^^

hktasa
質問者

補足

ところで「ありがとうポイント」ってどうすればつけられるのでしょうか?? 変な質問ですみませんが。 よろしければ教えていただけないでしょうか。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

その他の回答 (2)

• Riverview
  • ベストアンサー率63% (227/355)
回答No.3

文脈次第ではあるものの、ここはnew walkerを「歩き始めの子供」とすると意味が通りやすいのではないでしょうか。 私訳 歩き始めたばかりの子供のような歩き振りしかできないようなことなら何でも、ほとんどの大人はすぐに挑戦を止めてしまうだろう。

hktasa
質問者

お礼

送れてすみません、ありがとうございました^^

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。
noname#24040
noname#24040
回答No.1

his walking ですからウォーキングか散歩っぽい。walker だし。 「人生」とか、「歩み」「道のり」「行程」意味を強く出したいなら、 his walk とおもう。 前後の文が抽象的なら、 作者は両方の意図で取れるように new walker stops walking を使った!? 作者の意図は「It's up to your imagination.」のような気もする。

hktasa
質問者

お礼

遅れてすみません、ありがとうございました^^

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

関連するQ&A

• 和訳をお願いします!

1 She touched me on the head kindly. 2 Father's thoughts were far away in Chicago with Mother. 3 Once we were out walking in a forest, when we saw on the snow the tracks of a polecat. 4 Then his anger disappeared, as bad feeling often does at the sound of beautiful music. 5 Those who listen to his music can probably know as much about him as we do. 6 Poor Japan! She seems to suffer more disasters than we do: earthquakes, fires, floods, and disasters of Hiroshima and Nagasaki and Pacific tests---and now this typhoon damage. 7 Now I bade farewell to my family, I am happy to die. 8 The cave-dweller who painted a bison probably did so to bring good luck to his tribe next time they went hunting. 9 Every time that I had been naughtier than he cared to tolerate, Father would try to make me understand all that was expected of me as his eldest son. よろしくお願いしますm(。≧Д≦。)m

• 和訳教えてください

A new kind of walking tour has been gaining popularly in Tokyo with participants visiting entertainment districts and areas where day laborers live to see high school girls solicit men at night and observe homeless people's life in the street. 東京では新しいウォーキングツアーが話題となっている、参加者は歓楽街に訪問し、その日雇労働者が暮らす場所は女子高生が男性にお願いをしてホームレスの人達の調査を見ることができる で、よろしいでしょうか? 文法的にvisiting がto visitでないと to see の後に、さらにsolicit という動詞がくるので混乱しています。 初心者です。よろしくお願いします。

• 和訳をお願いします!(翻訳サイトはなしで!)

1 She touched me on the head kindly. 2 Father's thoughts were far away in Chicago with Mother. 3 Once we were out walking in a forest, when we saw on the snow the tracks of a polecat. 4 Then his anger disappeared, as bad feeling often does at the sound of beautiful music. 5 Those who listen to his music can probably know as much about him as we do. 6 Poor Japan! She seems to suffer more disasters than we do: earthquakes, fires, floods, and disasters of Hiroshima and Nagasaki and Pacific tests---and now this typhoon damage. 7 Now I bade farewell to my family, I am happy to die. 8 The cave-dweller who painted a bison probably did so to bring good luck to his tribe next time they went hunting. 9 Every time that I had been naughtier than he cared to tolerate, Father would try to make me understand all that was expected of me as his eldest son. よろしくお願いします!

• 英文和訳です

One of real-world smart houses’ key selling points is their ability to meet, and even anticipate, their occupants’ needs. Fictional smart houses, on the other hand, often seem as indifferent to their occupants as an industrial assembly line is to the “product” that rolls along it. The twenty-first-century apartment depicted in the animated TV series The Jetsons(1962) neatly illustrates this point. George Jetson, every morning of his working life, is ejected from his bed and propelled into the bathroom, where the robotic arms of the Dress-O-Matic comb, brush, shave, and dress him. He emerges perfectly groomed for the office, but the process is so automated―and George so overpowered by it―that he is not so much awakened as remanufactured. A mannequin or orangutan would, if placed in the bed a moment before the alarm went off, emerge from the bathroom looking as much like George Jetson as biology allowed. George’s disastrous encounter with the apartment’s dog-walking treadmill shown behind the closing credits of each episode makes the same point: the machine, not the man, is in charge. industrial assembly line 工業用のベルトコンベア式に流れる製造組み立てライン the Dress-O-Matic 番組に登場する腕だけからできている身繕いロボット so overpowered by~ ~に圧倒されて not so much awakened as remanufactured 本人を目覚めさせるというより出勤姿の本人に変えてしまう dog-walking treadmill 犬の散歩用トレッドミル よろしくお願いします^^;

• 和訳をお願いいたします

以下の英文を 和訳していただけるかた のみで、お願いできますでしょうか? 1段落の後半部分です。 どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。 Red Onions and white onions and garlic’s should be included in his diet to bring him good health, as he responds to these better than most people. He also likes to eat plants, vegetables, edible flowers, herbs for flavor. Likes burger with onions and garlic and chili sauces, and traditional family meal type foods. He has a sinking in the stomach before breakfast. He always feel better after he has eaten breakfast and does badly if he has to go without. On swallowing a fish bone instead of a pricking, it is a great irritation. Drinks water on an empty stomach and it seems to gurgle like a pipe.

• 和訳例をお願いします。

こちらの文の続きになります。 http://okwave.jp/qa/q7846913.html (4)It is restful to leave one's home; not because traveling doesn't entail varied and difficult daily actions, but because it removes our responsibilities. Except in the case of official persons, the traveller now lives for himself alone, and is no longer accountable to a community or a family clan. A foreign county Is merely a spectacle; in it we no longer have the continual awareness of responsibility. All of us, from time to time, need a plunge into freedom and novelty, after which routine and discipline will seem delightful by contrast. Periods or rest, however, must be brief, but it is amazing to discover how a few days of travel can restore our mental freshness. (5)The man who truly loves his work returns to it after the briefest rest with a curious kind of voluptuousness . When he is completely absorbed in his job, the end of work seems like the end life. But does he ever stop working? A man of this sort carries his problems with him. When a writer travels, he turns some imperfectly worded phrase over and over in his mind. If he wakens in the night, a series of phrases comes into his mind; he will discard imaginary passages in the darkness of his room. The manufacturer on vacation from his office at some seaside resort will suddenly take up pencil and paper and figure out a new cost price on one of his products. If he is within reach of his factory he will return to it on Saturday morning though his men are absent. Wandering through its empty workrooms, he dreams of alteration, increased output, and more efficient methods of production. The farmer walks over his land on Sundays. "There isn't a grove of trees or a grassy meadow that hasn't played its part in his scheme. He observes the effect of the last rain upon his crops and his eye follows the roads winding between the fields, climbing the slopes or dipping down into the stream-fed valleys; everything is eloquent of past labours and urges him on to new ones."

• 和訳お願いします。

I feel as if I were walking a tightrope one hundred feet over a circus audience and suddenly the rope is showing signs of breaking, and I get up from my seat and begin to shout once more the first words I can think of to communicate my terrible fear, and once more the usher comes hurrying down the aisle flashing his searchlight, and the old lady pleads with me, and the shocked audience has turned to stare at me, and I keep shouting: "What are they doing? Don't they know what they are doing? Why doesn't my mother go after my father and beg him not to be angry? If she does not do that, what will she do? Doesn't my father know what he is doing?" But the usher has seized my arm, and is dragging me away, and as he does so, he says: "What are you doing? Don't you know you can't do things like this, you can't do whatever you want to do,even if other people aren't about?You will be sorry if you don't do what you should do.You can't carry on like this,it isn't right,you will find that out soon enough,everything you do matters too much,''and as he said that,dragging me through the lobby of the theater into the cold light,I woke up into the bleak winter morning of my twenty-first birthday,the window-sill with its lip of snow,and the morning already begun.

• この英語の和訳が解りません…

以下の文章を言われたのですが、翻訳をかけたり読解しようとしてもいまいち理解することが出来ません。 私はある人のファンで、その人が立ち小便をしていたので それはやめてほしいと話したところ 下記の文章を私に送ってきました。 この人は私に対して激しく怒っているようですが… 「Bloody irritating. I have never yet been to someone's house, who has gender specific bathrooms. So why in fuck does it matter in public. If you want your children "safe" from rapers; a. Stop perpetuating rape culture by treating everyone in possession of a penis as an inherent rapist. So irritated you can't use a bathroom, l saw my Dad go through this shit and it just ridiculous. I'm sure it's not a first choice, honey. He has to pee outside or get his ass beat by ignorant goat fucking inbred narrow minded ass hats. in 2016. Choices.」 どなたか和訳をお願いいたします。

• 和訳

和訳例をお願い致します。  The Web has done one revolutionary thing to journalism: it has made the price of entry into the media market minimal. In days gone by, you needed a small fortune to start up a simple magazine or newspaper. Now all you need is a laptop computer and a modem.   Ten years ago I edited a money-losing magazine, which had 100,000 subscribers. Two weeks ago on my four-year-old weblog, or blog, I had 100,000 readers in one day alone. After four years of blogging, I haven't lost a cent and have even made a small salary. And I don't even have an editor! Technology did this. And it's a big deal most people have yet to understand.  The critics of blogs cite their lack of professionalism. Nonsense. The dirty little secret of journalism is that it isn't really a profession. It is a craft. All you need Is a telephone and a conscience, and you're all set. Ynu get better at  it merely by doing itーwhich is why fancy journalism schools are, to my mind, such a waste of time.  Blogs prove this. One of the best is a site started by a low professor in Tennessee. This “amateur” has earned the trust of his readers simply by his track recordーjust as The New York Times did a century ago. And after a couple of years, the number of his readers rivals and often surpasses that of the traditional magazines. Does he make mirtakes? Of course, he does sometimes. I've done so many times myself. But the beauty of the blog world is that if you make a mistake, someone will soon let you know again. Blogs that ignore critics will lose credibility and readers. And readers may have more and better information at their fingertips than the best researcher in the world.  Does this mean the old media is dead? Not at all. Blogs depend on the journalistic resource of big media to do the immense amount of reporting and analysis. What blogs do is provide the best scrutiny of big media imaginableーimproving the standards of the professionals, adding new voices, new perspectives and new facts every minute. The genius lies not so much in the bloggers themselves but in the transparent system they have created. In an era of polarized debote, the truth has never been more available. Thank the guys sitting in their living rooms in their pajamas. And read them. タイプミスがあるかもしれません。その場合は、指摘して頂ければと思います。

• 和訳お願いします

和訳お願いします Owen and his collaborators repeated their fMRI experiment on 54 patients who had previously been classified as either vegetative or minimally conscious(a consistently respond to commands, but cannot communicate interactively). They found that five of these 54 patients responded to commands to imagine playing tennis or navigating thought a familiar house. Four of those five patients had classified as vegetative, but when clinicians repeated their assessment following the fMRI study, they found evidence that two of those four should instead have been classified as minimally conscious. One of the responsive patients, a 22-year-old man who had been diagnosed as vegetative for five years after a traffic accident left him with a traumatic brain injury, was selected for further study. Because it is difficult-if not impossible-to determine whether someone is thinking yes or no, the reseachers instead asked the patient to imagine playing tennis when the answer to imagine playing tennis when the answer to a question was yes, and to imagine walking through a house when the answer was no. Visualizing these two activities stimulates different parts of the brain that are easily distinguished using fMRI. They asked the patient a series of simple yes-or-no question pertaining to his personal history, such as Is your father's name Alexander? He answered five out of six question correctly. No brain activity was observed in response to the sixth question. The results suggest that fMRI could be useful in diagnosing unresponsive patients, says Owen. There are things that are just not going to manifest themselves in outward behavior , says Owen. This method can tell us which patients are aware, and it can tell us what they are capable of. For Naccache, it is the patient's ability to respond using the code suggested by Owen and his team that indicates he is truly conscious. When you are conscious, you have the ability to use an arbitrary code to communicate with somebody, he says. Parashkev Nachev, a neuroscientist at University College London who was not affiliated with the work, cautions that it is important not to over-interpret the results. The patient only answered a series of very basic questions, he notes, and the results in his view do not necessarily suggest that the patient is fully conscious or has the potential for recovery. There is no doubt that it does merit further research, he says, but I could not see using it as a clinical tool at this stage. As a next step, Owen and his colleagues intend to ask the patient a series of questions with unverifiable answers. For example, the technique could be used to ask whether they are experiencing any pain-a question that frequently troubles family members and hospital staff. But should a vegetative patient be asked whether they want to live or die? I think there's an enormous problem with that, says Owen. Just because a patient is able to respond with yes or no doesn't tell you if they have the necessary level of competence to answer difficult, ethically challenging questions about their destiny.

DCP_J557N 接続できない
このQ&Aのポイント
  • DCP_J557NのiPhone接続できないトラブルについて
  • 手動設定からIPアドレスを入力しても接続できない問題
  • 無線LANを使用しているが接続されない
回答を見る