• ベストアンサー

forの使い方

以下の文章のforはなんとなく意味は分かりますがどうゆう使い方なんでしょうか。解説をおねがいします。 While EUrope is still groggy and the U.S. is just starting to show signs of a pulse (and Japan of course is still down for the count),little Korean will grow anywhere from 3,2% to 6% this year. TIMEの36pより

• naka8
  • お礼率4% (12/252)
  • 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数0

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • chukanshi
  • ベストアンサー率43% (186/425)
回答No.1

for the count というのは、ボクシングでカウントをとるというときにつかわれます。たとえば、 He was out for the count. 彼はノックアウトされた。 つまり、日本をボクサーにたとえて、カウントされている倒れた(ダウンした)状態にまだある、といっているのだと思われます。 この場合のforは、「~の間」という「時」をあらわすforだと思います。

関連するQ&A

• forについて

『According to recent statistics, the average starting salary of graduating engineers in Cambridge is now higher than for any other subject.』 『最近の統計によると、ケンブリッジで工学の学位を取った者の平均的初任給は今ではほかのどの学科を専攻した者よりも高い。』 この文において『for』が入る必要性ってありますか? forがない場合は意味が違ってくるのでしょうか? そもそもなぜこの文にforがあるのでしょうか? 教えてください よろしくお願いします

• for the booksの意味

Getting on one knee and popping the big question is not as easy as it may seem. Not only does it take a lot of effort to work up the nerve to propose, it takes a lot of planning! Of course, you always have the option to take the simple route: take her out to dinner, get on one knee, and ask, "Will you marry me?" Or you can be creative (which is what most girls prefer) and make the proposal a memory for the books. この文のfor the booksとは何のことでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 和訳お願い致します。

Policy makers and environmentalists argue that, alongside the task of cutting carbon dioxide emissions, governments must prepare for drastic changes which will result from the inevitable rise in temperatures. "What we are seeing now are the early signs of climate change as a result of the emissions produced in the 1960s and 1970s," said Tom Burke, visiting professor at Imperial and University Colleges, London. "There is a 40 year lag between carbon entering the atmosphere and its effects starting to show." He added that the report "is a wake-up call, and what is tricky about this is that we are going to have to spend billions preparing and adapting, and that is going to compete for money to stop climate change getting worse." The draft of the European Commission's Green Paper "Adapting to Climate Change in Europe - Options for EU Action," underlines the scale of the challenge. The document warns that, unless there is advance planning, European countries will be left to respond "to increasingly frequent crises and disasters which will prove much more costly and also threaten Europe's social and economic systems and its security." It adds: "For impacts where we have enough confidence in the forecasts, adaptation must therefore start now."

• 和訳をよろしくお願いします

A popular sports club and gym in Tokyo which I belong to has no such obvious signs posted anywhere.

• 推薦状の訳、短文ですが出来るだけ誉めた文章にしたい

短い英文ですが、出来るだけ誉めて訳していただけたら嬉しいです。 This is to certify that Ms.○○ is a very gifted young pianist, and deserve to obtain a scholarship for studying in Europe.

• amid

英語やり直し組です Envoys of the six parties are to convene in Beijing the middle of next week, amid signs the process under which North Korea is to abandon its nuclear program in return for aid and diplomatic benefits is gaining momentum (1)amidがうまく訳せません。。。 「北朝鮮が援助の見返りで核計画を放棄した手順のサインの中(途中?)」だとandが?どう訳すべきかわかりません。 (2)二つに分けるとしたら amid signs the process and diplomatic benefits is gaining momentum. North Korea is to abandon its nuclear program in return for aid under process. こうですか? (3)amid signs the process~ はamid sings,the process~と考えるべきでしょうか? お願いします。

• a feast for the senses

Buenos Aires is truly a feast for the senses, visible in the architecture, through the romance of the music and of course, the tango, and in the last 10 years, in their diversity of their cuisine. a feast for the sensesとは、五感を満足させるという意味でしょうか?

• これはなんて書いてありますか?

これはなんて書いてありますか? Just a little something to keep you going I miss you. Just is a little encouragement and support for you.

• すいません。助けてください。訳お願いします。

論文読んでいるのですが、これってどうやって訳すのでしょうか?  This standard model of silicon film growth assumes that the diffusion of the growth precursors is thermally activated and that the optimum substrate temperature around 200℃ for the standard device grade material is a compromise of surface mobility high enough to grow well ordered material and yet the temperature low enough to keep the hydrogen needed for passivating the silicon bonding defects.  ちなみに、to grow well ordered~の部分が特にわかりません。  to grow well/ odered~ で文章きれますか?  

• 日本語にお願いします

I don't think I can find a better flight, because it's so close to the date, the flights will only become less and more expensive, so if we can sort sooner, then it is better, but of course I don't want to rush you. I think I can get a flight there for maybe £800, so it's £600 cheaper than your flight to here, but then I also need to pay for a hotel, but it's still an option if getting a flight for you to here is too expensive, though of course I would like to make your dream come true and show you england. Gomen ne, there is so much english for you to read >.<