• ベストアンサー

ingの意味がわかりません。

以下の英文の「are splitting up」部分がなぜ現在進行形になるのかがわかりません。 Many women in midlife are splitting up their marriages for a secound time. 対訳を見ると 「中年女性の多くは、離婚するのは2度目です。」 となっているのですが、 「A divorce that many women in midlife get is second time.」 のような形にならないのはなぜでしょうか?

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • 0shiete
  • ベストアンサー率30% (148/492)
回答No.1

現在進行形は「今まさにしている」という時に使いますが、ほとんど確定している近未来のことを表すときにも使います。 ですから、この場合、「(これから離婚しようとしている)中年女性の多くは2度目の離婚である」というニュアンスを出しているのだと思います。

pokapoka1980
質問者

お礼

なるほど。 なんとなくわかってきました。 「2度目の(としての)離婚をしつつある」という感じなのですね。 ありがとうございました。

その他の回答 (1)

• tooton
  • ベストアンサー率16% (28/170)
回答No.2

話し手がこの現象を一時的なものと捉えているからだと思います。そんなときは普段現在形でも現在進行形になります。 例 You're nice to me. You're being nice to me. どちらもおまえはいいやつだとなりますが、下はその時だけという意味が含まれます。

pokapoka1980
質問者

お礼

例文のような使い方知りませんでした。 勉強になります。 ありがとうございました。

関連するQ&A

• when getting a divorce

ある速読英単語本の中の、英文について疑問があります。 increasingly women are winning nearly 50% of the family assets when geeting a divorce. この文で、when getting a divorceはwomen are winningに合わせて進行形になっているんでしょうか?when they devorceでは駄目なんでしょうか? よろしくお願いします。

• 意味が

Japanese girls are more than women, women, women, women, women, women, girls, women, women It is a woman who has entered a woman who has entered a relationship. Want a rich man, even without love.  a lot of the constant conflicts and quarrels.  If you’re a little bit horny This is my opinion! I looked on the internet about Kyoko Hamaguchi. She practices Judo. In the photo she is big and strong. I really like that Japanese girls differ from the Ukrainian, Russian - character, temperament, calm and loyal, Japanese women are more complaisant than Russian, Ukraine women. Japanese woman, entering into a relationship, marriage with a man (of any nationality), is aimed at cooperation, while the Russian woman, mainly considering the relationship as a benefit, particularly financial. We have a lot of women want a rich man, even without love. a lot of the constant conflicts and quarrels. Russian, Ukraine women love to talk a lot of dirt on their second half, regardless of whether it is the husband or just a gentleman. This is my opinion! I looked on the internet about Kyoko Hamaguchi. She practices Judo. In the photo she is big and strong. 長いですが意味が良くわかりません。 経済力を自国の女は欲しがり、何を言うのですか?私は角質?経済力は大事だと思うのですが。うーん。浜口京子さんは、強くて大きいです。

• この英文の意味は?

私は以前、ある人にこういう質問をしました。そして、こういう答えが返ってきました。しかしその人の応えの意味がよく解らず、もう一度聞きなおしたのですが、その人は「自分でもっと考えろ」といったようなことしか答えてくれません。  というわけで、このサイトで質問することにしました。 私:「何で女性は、付き合っている彼がいる場合にも、俺に嬉しそうに話しかけたり、手を繋いできたり、場合によっては抱きしめたり、キスしてきたりするのだろう? 女慣れしていなくて、そこそこルックスが良い男の感情をもてあそぶのが楽しいのか? それは単に、誠実さが無いだけなんじゃないのか?」 その人:”You said that you feel like you've been teased before by women. When you open yourself up too much too quickly, some people will take advantage of you. .... One thing about women you should know: many women want to change men. Many women also want to become like a mother to men. It's natural for women to think like this. ..... maybe there is something that you are doing that attracts that kind of behaviour in women.”  ご回答、よろしくお願いします。

• どのような意味でしょうか

When someone brings food to share at work, what is the policy on taking second helpings, or thirds even? For example, you are in a hurry and skip breakfast that morning, and you see in the break room someone has brought in a loaf of banana bread, how many slices are you “allowed” to take? And over what timeframe? over what timeframe? はどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 意味を教えてください

I am a young single woman who works with a lot of older married women. Most of them are very nice, but several have taken it into their head that I am their niece or daughter, and that they need to set me up with a “good man.” At first I welcomed it because I recently moved to the area and didn’t know anyone, but the pickings are slim. Male with a pulse seems to be the only criteria they have. the pickings are slimとMale with a pulseの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• 英語の和訳です。お願いします!!

In many part of South Asia, arranged ,arranged marriages have been modernized to suit the needs of a changing Westernized generation. When I asked him why, one young Indian-American man said, "My parents are the two people in the world who know me best, both my strength and my weaknesses. Why wouldn't I want their input in the most important decision of my life?" After a moment, he added, "The alternative doesn't seem to work that well, does it?"  He had a point. There are fewer divorces in arranged marriages, although I wonder if he realized that many complicated social factors- from the presence of extensive family support and counseling to the ostracism a divorced woman would encounter - account for this.

• この英文正しいですか

この英文正しいですか?間違えていましたら教えてください 1They don't have no children. 2 A few people survived, but many died. 3 They have a secound house in the country. よろしくお願いします

• 英語

More than ever, women today are (C) their own. ①in②of③on④with どれがはいりますか。 分かりません。

• 最後の文の意味を教えてください。

We are all aware that work and family life conflict, but as couples work out what will be sacrificed in the wake of the birth of a child, the expectations that the mother's career will suffer rather than the father's proved strong. Women are still responsible for the same proportion of childcare as they were in the 1960s --a stubborn 80%. So what does it mean when men, particularly aspiring men, begin giving up highly paid jobs to spend more time at home? Are we finally beginning to see a more equal division of responsibilities over childcare? Or is it simply that we are all working such long hours that we should not be surprised when even the highest achievers throw their hands up and cry:"That's enough"? ※Orから始まる意味がイマイチです、丁寧にご教示頂ければ幸いです。 よろしくお願いいたします。

• 添削希望。

あまりフォーマルにならない感じで、英文の添削を宜しくお願いします。 ツアーの海外旅行に飽き足りない人が、英語力アップと異国文化を肌で感じるために、 気楽にホームステイに参加する人が増えています。以前はホームステイと言えば学生がするものという感じでしたが、 今は20代の働いている女性が増えています。 The number of people who are fed up with package tours abroad so that take it easy in having a homestay to improve their English and to experience different cultures. Speaking of homestay it was ever the standard activity for students but now women who work in an office[working women] in their twenties who want to have a homestay are increasing in number.