• ベストアンサー

訳しにくくて困っています

takitateの回答

• takitate
  • ベストアンサー率0% (0/1)
回答No.3

Just as different languages often serve a unifying and separating function for their speakers, so do speech characteristics within languages. Just as (主語)different languages (動詞)often serve (a unifying and seperating)        ↓ (目的語)…function …, so (V)do (S)speech…. 後半は倒置ですね。 「異言語が、その話し手にとって統合・分離的な機能を果たすように、 異言語ごとに固有な話し言葉も、そのような機能を果たす。」 異言語を話すということは、他民族との接触することですので「統合」的な機能を 、同時に他民族と自民族の違いを際立たせるものにもなりえる、といったことを 述べているのがJust as・・・,までだろうと思います。後半は、スピーチ・話し方にも そのような機能がある、ということを述べているのだと思います。分かりづらい対比ですね。

s-word
質問者

お礼

takitateさんこんにちは、どうもお返事ありがとうございます。unifying and seperating のところをカッコにくくってfunctionに掛けられませんでした。冠詞のaに注意するとすぐ間違いだと分かりますね。う~ん見落としていました。 >異言語を話すということは、他民族との接触することですので「統合」的な機能を、同時に他民族と自民族の違いを際立たせるものにもなりえる、といったことを述べているのがJust as・・・,までだろうと思います。後半は、スピーチ・話し方にもそのような機能がある、ということを述べているのだと思います。分かりづらい対比ですね。 前半は何となく分かるのですが、後半は仰るとおりわかりづらいです。そもそもなぜ、Just as・・・,so・・・.でつなげられるのかもいまいち分かりませんね。もうちょっと文脈がないと私の場合、理解できないのですが、手元には資料がないので残念です。 どうもお返事が送れてすいませんでした。

関連するQ&A

• センター試験の過去問:ご指導願います。

Walking into an electronics store today, consumers are faced with an amazing variety of audio technology. Someone looking for a portable system can choose from hundreds of different earphones, headphones, and digital Players that come in a range of colors, shapes, and sizes. For audiophiles―music fans who see high fidelity as a priority―a different section of the store features a range of large speakers and heavy components, such as CD players and alnplifiers, that often come at high prices. Faced with all this technology and so many choices, music fans often spend a great deal of time researching and making decisions about the right equipment for their listening needs. 2014年第6問の長文、第4パラグラフです。 わからないのはthat often come at high prices のthatです。 これはいったい何を指しますか? 関係詞の非制限用法だとしたら変ですよね。 ご指導お願いします。

• どういう意味ですか?

"Sumerians believed in many powerful gods, for the nature on which their agriculture depended often seemed swift and unpredictable." 歴史の本から。 この文の、"depended often seemed swift and unpredictable"の部分の意味がよくわかりません。

• 犬好きの方で、翻訳のできる方教えてください!

犬好きの方で、翻訳のできる方教えてください! Complex levels of emotion and ego link dogs and owners-----often a dog must compensate for a lack in the owner's past or present life. The dog becomes the owner's self-extension, to some degree. Dog trainers, breeders, professional handlers, boarding-kennel proprietors, veterinarians, and others whose life's work is with animals soon learn to respect the complex intertwining of owner/dog identities. Contending with this situation often calls for the fullest measure of patience and compassion. Persons working on a full-time basis with animals often glean an unusual quality of empathy through their own feedback and interaction with their living charges. 長文ですがよろしくお願いします。 なんと言いますか、私は、英文は頭の中で英語で解釈します。和文は日本語で。ですので、パズルを組み立てるように直訳はできますが、翻訳は苦手です。そしてなお、恥ずかしながら、私の日本語は中途半端です。 特に、Contending~以降がわかりません。よろしくお願いしますm(_ _)m kay0722

• この英文の訳を教えて下さい

英文は nursing  Health care profession concerned with providing care to the sick and disabled and with promoting,maintaining,and restoring health.Nurses perform mamy different services,including research,education,andpatient consultation.They often coordinate their services with physicians and other health providers.  The need for nursing is uniuersal.The International Council of Nurses states that the function of nursing is fourfold-to promote health,prevent illness,restore health,and alleviate suffering-and that inherent in nursing is “the respect for life,dignity and the rights of man. It is unrestricted by considerations of nationality,race,creed,colour,age,sex,politics or social status. Nurses render health services to individuals,the family and the community and co-ordinate their services with those of related groups.” です。 訳がわからなくて困っています。 よかっから教えて下さい。 お願いします。

• 下記の英文を訳してくださる方はいませんか?

Retirement frequently brings on an economic crisis that leaves little money for luxuries and travel, and often leaves little room for necessities. Furthermore, failing eyesight, arthritis, and other health problems often accompany old age, curtailing activity and promoting isolation by restricting mobility. Instead of serenely contemplating the past and future, the old may be continually frustrated by tip-of-the-tongue forgetting of the past, and their ill health may make them despondent about their future. お願いします。

• 英文の構造がわかりません

Picasso's prostitutes -in the early sketches attendant on both customer (the sailor) and `medical student"(or inspector)-may function within this system, as their overt and aggressive sexuality affirms cultural and racial attitudes shared by the artist and his audience even as their formal treatment underscores their aggression towards the client/viewer. という英文で、全体の構文がよくわかりません。 1回目のas と 2回目に出てくるeven as がどういう意味で使われているのでしょうか?

• 和訳お願いします。

うまく訳せない部分があるので、どなたか和訳していただけませんか? 言語についての文章で、直前部分は 「例えばアメリカ人教授は10時からの授業をきっかりに始めるが、一方でイタリア人教授は10時15分まで授業を始めない。なぜならば教授も生徒も、イタリアの授業がいつも15分遅れで開始するのを知っているからだ。」 といったようなことが書かれていると思います。 訳していただきたい文章↓ ・The two cultural systems work well as long as they are separated. ・Even such a simple example illustrates that different cultures attach different meanings to the same word. ・Far too often, language causes pain, hostility and misunderstanding. ・Even today, wise parents still warn their children to watch their words. です。よろしくお願いします><

• cavemanって穴居人 と言うよりも原始人じゃ?

英和辞典でcavemanを引くと、「〔石器時代の〕穴居人、洞穴に住む人」というのがだいたい出てきますが、、。 ウィキペディアで、cavemanを引くと、原始人になります。 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caveman (often wielding clubs and dwelling in cavesとは、ありますがoftenですし、、そうじゃない場合もあるわけですよね? また、言語を日本語にすると原始人になります。) ウィキが間違っているのでしょうか? 大多数の英和辞典が間違っているのでしょうか?? それとも、そもそも穴居人 って日本語でも原始人の意味なんでしょうか?(近い意味だとは思いますが。 国語辞典で引いても、「穴居」は、洞穴に住む事、とあります。) 教えてください、よろしくお願い致します。

• 訳が不安です

一応訳してみたのですが、日本語が支離滅裂でわかりづらいです。stepとphaseが両方とも「段階」の意味があり、頭がこんがらがってしまいました。 添削していただけたら幸いです。よろしくお願いします。 More importantly,this morphological framework,in terms of phases of the design process and steps within these phases, does not emphasize the different types of information and different types of support that are needed within each step at the various phases. より重要なことは、これらの段階の中での設計過程とステップの段階に関して、この形態学的な枠組みはそれぞれのステップの中の様々な段階で必要である異なったタイプに関する情報と異なったタイプのサポートは強調しないようにすることです。

• 日本語に訳してくださいませんか。

日本語に訳してくださいませんか。 I'm always thinking about you.I'm afraid if you were forget about me. But when we spend different time for long,we will forget our happy time together. I hope if you were feel happy for what you want, and I will feel same way too. I often see your website. When I always see your painting,I feel remain vivid within one's mind. I think artists go for nature, so you can draw such a great paintings which I've seen. I love your painting. まったく英語力のない私にわかりやすく、どなたか訳していただけませんか? よろしくお願いいたします。