• ベストアンサー

英語の homework について

noname#2021の回答

noname#2021
noname#2021
回答No.5

英英辞典で"homework"を調べてみました。3つ意味がありましたが、この場合は3番めの、議論や論争の前の準備といった意味(意訳)が当てはまると思います。 上記の英文を拝見した所、何かの願書(大学でしょうか?)の書き方の説明のように伺えます。"biograpgy"oulining the extracurricular interest and special recognition, は課外活動と特別な賞などを受けた事があるなら、箇条書きにするようにとありますが、その際、内容がはっきりしないから、簡単にその内容(難度)を付け足せと言う事ではないでしょうか?  今迄、回答なされた方々のご回答を拝見しましたが、私の回答も自信があるとは申し上げられません。Some indication~.の前に他の文章があるような気が致します。

参考URL:
www.m-w.com
marpole
質問者

お礼

ご回答いただきありがとうございます。お礼が遅くなってしまいもうしわけありませんでした。 そうなんです。この文章は、あるプログラムに参加すための願書の中にありました。homeworkの意味が広くて、見当違いのことをかいてしまいそうだったんです。 大切な時間を使って調べていただいて、本当にありがとうございました。

関連するQ&A

• 英語が得意な方おねがいします。

英語学習を始めたばかりのものです。次の英文と問いにおいて正しい答えを教えてください EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES VANCOUVER AREA RETAIL MANAGEMENT AND SALES GEALTH INDUSTRY CALL RECORDED MESSAGE FOR DETAILS xxxxx-xxxxxx 問い (1).Which of the following is true about this advertisment? 1.It asks for applicant qualificatins 2.It states that applicants have to be healthy. 3.Applicants for both manager and sales clerk are wanted. 4.Applicants must live in downtown Vancouver. (2).What should applicants do? 1.Call and make an appointment. 2.Meet the owner at the store. 3.Go to see a doctor for a check up prior to applying. 4.Call and lisen for more information.

• 日本語訳お願いします。

以下の文章の日本語訳をお願いしたいです。 大体の内容が分かれば良いのでお願いします。 Check and certify the identify of the applicant by signing and dating the front of the photograph.

• [英語]()に当てはまるもの教えて下さい><

1. Under no circumstances () it without her permission. (1) you should not do (2) you should do (3) should you not do (4) should you do 2. The man () we believed was a murderer proved to be innocent. (1) who (2) whose (3) whom (4) what 3. You can use my bike () you bring it back tomorrow. (1) as long as (2) as far as (3) as well as (4) as much as 4. This computer needs (). (1) to fix (2) to have fixed (3) fixed (4) fixing 5. The store is open () on Fridays. (1) faster (2) late (3) lately (4) sooner 6. I was () to suggest a satisfactory solution to him. (1) unable (2) difficult (3) necessary (4) impossible 7. Roy, Ben and I went out together, but I went jogging while () played tennis. (1) other (2) some (3) the other (4) the others 8. Mr. Kaufman was a strict teacher and gave his students (). (1) too much homework (2) many piece of homework (3) too many homeworks (4) a lot of homeworks 9. I () in my room for the past half an hour wondering how I'm going to begin this work. (1) had been sitting (2) was sitting (3) would sit (4) have been sitting 10. This watch () three minutes a day, so I'm going to have it fixed. (1) delays (2) recedes (3) loses (4) slows

• 英訳を教えてください

以下は欧州の農業問題についての文章です。EAFRD は「欧州農村振興基金」です。全訳を願います。よろしく The EAFRD should signal the Union's recognition of how local development     approaches and a trans-national dimension can reinforce each other, especially when     an innovative spirit is applied.

• 日本語訳お願いします!

本当に困っています!以下の文章は長いので、読んでもチンプンカンプンです。助けてください。。。国際法の国際組織についてです。 And that leaves still unmentioned a more abstract form of interest: not only has the outvoted minority a right to be protested against the majority, and not only may third parties warrant some form of protection, but it is also often thought that the interests of the world community at large ought to be taken into account: and the interests of the world community then entail the proposition that, generally speaking, international organizations perform worthwhile functions and should, in principle, be free to pursue their activities with as little interference as possible, as well as (sometimes opposing, sometimes coinciding with the previous point) a general interest in seeing that the rule of law is upheld, which then translates into an interest in organizations acting strictly in conformity with their constituent documents.

• 英語→日本語に訳して下さい

イギリスにある学校の奨学金を取ろうと思っていますが、 下の英文がよくわかりません。 解釈を間違っていると大変なので、 どなたかわかる方教えて下さい。 よろしくお願いします。 In order to secure a place on the course intending applicants are advised not to delay booking their courses pending submission of their scholarship application. The scholarship scheme will not guarantee places on the course if it is already fully booked by the time the applicant’s booking is made. Those offered scholarships will be expected to accept the award by email, fax or telephone within seven days of notification and, if they have not already done so, book their course and forward their deposit within 21 days of notification. ○○School reserves the right, but shall not be obliged, to publish the names of those awarded scholarships.

• UKの商標登録

UKの商標登録を行ったのですが、 notice of threatened opposition という書類がIntellectual Property Office から届きました。 内容が正直よくわからないのですが、反対している人がいるようでDeclarationにはI confirm that I wish to file this notice of threatened opposition and that a copy should be sent to the trade mark applicantと書かれています。 この場合私としては何をどのように行えばいいのでしょうか?

• 訳を教えてください

A quotation, like a pun, should come unsought, and then be welcomed only for some propriety of felicity justifying the intrusion. よろしくお願いします。

• 英語の設問の意味が分からない3

英語の設問の意味がよくわからず、困っております。 私なりに解釈しております(自信はありませんが)ので、訂正やご説明をお願いいたします。 Marking Criteria for this question: ・この設問に(以下の)評価基準を記すこと。 3 marks for outlining the features of good presentation ・良いプレゼンテーションの特徴の概要を述べる。(10点中3点を与えるということ?) 3 marks for explaining the impact of poor presentation in both academic and business contexts ・学問的やビジネス的な文章の両方に貧相なプレゼンテーションの影響を説明する。 2 marks for building an academic argument on the topic ・主題にて学術的な主張を構築する 2 marks for correct use of English/logical flow of answer ・の英語かつ論理的な答えの流れを正確に使用する ****************** 物語などの文章は前後の意味から大体推測でき、正確な解釈をせずにでも(←これが悪いのでしょうが)読み進めることができるのですが、上記のように正確に意味を取らなければならない文章で苦戦しております。 一つ一つ正確に理解できるようにしたいのですが、、、。コツなどありますでしょうか? 駄文、量が多いなど、多々見苦しいところがございますが、よろしくお願いいたします。

• 英語から日本語へ翻訳して頂けますか?

Yes i really enjoy your email ..please question me any time is that i am busy some time i get so mush calls all day about web site work or graphic design work ... and i travel all over Orlando to go to some business to make some ads or some website... and some time i work on my prototype site Call end went i have time to check my email i i try to think of a question .but my mine is thinking of something from work ..and that is way i am busy ... こちらの文章です。 よろしくお願いします。