• ベストアンサー

英訳は?「渡る世間は鬼ばかり」

wakano7の回答

• ベストアンサー
  • wakano7
  • ベストアンサー率100% (1/1)
回答No.1

世間とは、「世の中の人々」と考えましょう。 つまりpeople; the public ですね。 渡る世間に鬼はない  There are always some kind people (ready to help you). これが、本当のことわざですね。 したがって、これを否定するわけですので、 There are always some kind merciless people. 「鬼」を「無慈悲な=merciless」で考えてみました。 私にとっても、勉強になりました。 ありがとうございました。

kaleen
質問者

お礼

なるほどです、ありがとうございます。 さび付いた受験英語力を互いに駆使して、「このドラマを英語圏の人に説明せよ!」などと、無理矢理英訳する遊び?が内輪ではやっていたものですから、(そこに生きた英語を使える人は入れないのがミソ)中でもこれはむむー、と悩んでどうしても納得がいかず、何日も考えていた一文だったのです。 no mercy! までは出てた気がしますが、いやー、お恥ずかしい。でも、無理矢理「はい、ここで英語!」遊びはまだ続いています(^^ にしても、何かすごくシビアで殺伐としてそうなドラマタイトルですね。番組タイトルとしてもっとシンプルな言い回しは難しいのでしょうか?

関連するQ&A

• 並べ方と英訳を教えてください

(1)Which gives more light, the sun or the moon? (2)Few people knew the answer, did they? (3)Pass me the newspaper, will you? (4)It was an interesting interview but what a talker! かっこ内の語句を並べ替えて、日本文と同じ意味の英文にしてください。 (1)学校までは歩いてほんの5分の距離です。 (five/ is/ it/ minutes'/ only/ school/ the/ to/ walk/ .) (2)差し当たり、私たちにはこれで間に合います。 (do/ present/ this/ us/ for/ will/ the/ .) (3)その光景は私の胸をドキドキさせるに足るものであった。 The (was / to/ leap/ heart/ sight/ make/ enough/ my). (4)新聞を読むと、世界の情勢がよくわかります。 Newspapers (going on/ informed of/ is/ keep/ what/ will/ you) in the world. これを解いてみると、 (1)太陽か月どちらがより多くの光を与えますか? (2)ほとんど人々は、答えを知りませんでしたね. (3)私に新聞を渡してくださいね。 (4)それは面白いインタビューでした。そして、なんと話し手だろう! (5)It is only five minute's to walk the school. (6)This will do us for the present. (7)The sight was enough to make my leap heart. (8)Newspapers is keeo going on what you will informed of in the world. になりました。 間違っているところがあれば教えてください。 もしよかったら、訂正も教えていただけると助かります。

• 英訳の添削をお願いします。

英語でスピーチすることになったので、原稿の添削をお願いします。 高校生も大勢いるのでなるべく簡単な英語でまとめたいです。 ちなみに内容は富岡製糸場の世界遺産登録についてです。 ・その女性たちが働いていた場所がこちらです。 →The women work in this place. ・ほとんどそのままの状態でのこっていますよね? →Do you find that stay in the almost same state? ・こうした保存状態の良さが世界遺産登録の決め手の一つでした。 →It stay as old days so it was registered as a World Heritage Site. ・そして、現在、富岡製糸場には多くの観光客が訪れています。 →And now, Tomioka silk mill is visited by many tourists. ・これは8月に訪れた観光客数です。 →This is the number of the tourists who came in August. ・2013年と2014年を比べると、一年で約4倍も観光客が増えました。 →A tourist increased to about 4 times in one year when I compared 2013 and 2014. ・世界遺産に登録されたことで富岡製糸場は人気観光地になりました。 →Because it was enrolled in a world heritage, Tomioka silk mill became the popular sightseeing spot because it was registered as a World Heritage Site. ・連日こみ合っていますが、機会があればぜひ行ってみて下さい。 →It is crowded day after day. But, please go if there is an opportunity. ・私も行ってみたいです。 →I want to go too. 以上です。 添削お願いします

• 英訳をお願いします

私の英訳に誤りがあれば指摘してくださると助かります。 (1)我が家のトイレには小さな本棚があって、そこにはいつも、父の読みかけの本が入っていた。 The toilet in my house had a bookshelf, where there was always books which my father had been reading. (2)私は、つまらないから最後まで読むかどうかわからない、と言うこともあった。 I often said that it was boring me so I didn't know whether I read it till the last page. (3)父は私に、自分が読んで楽しかった本を教えて、楽しい気持ちを共有したかっただけなのだと思う。 I think that he only wanted to share happy feeling with me by telling me the books which he felt was interesting.

• one piece 英訳

one pieceについて外国人の方に250字以上、英語で説明・紹介しなければなりません。 自分でやってみたんですが、160字くらいが限界でした。 付け加えたり、新しくこんなんがいいとか意見をください。 ちなみにこれが考えた文です。 Hello Everyone. I introduce to Japanese manga. Especially, I love one piece. One piece is very popular in not only Japan but also the around the world. One Piece is a Japanese manga series written and illustrated by Eiichiro Oda. It has been serialized in Weekly Shonen Jump. This is the Age of Pirates, when many pirates battle over their hegemony, and at the same time over “One Piece”, which the legendary king of pirates Roger, who had obtained everything in the world, left somewhere in the world. Monkey D. Luffy, who was born in such an age and adores a pirate “Red Haired” Shanks, who had saved his life in his childhood, accidentally ate Gomu Gomu no Mi, a Devil Fruit, and becomes the gummous man. Though he has come never to be able to swim as its side-effect, he battles and have a great adventure with his crews, aiming to be the King of the Pirates. Uh...Just read!! Thank you for listening.

• だれかこの日本語訳を。。

you know, there was a period in my life where I found growing up in the world that I was living in quite stressful. 誰かこの文章の訳を教えていただけないでしょうか。 文法的にいうとfound(find)ってどういう風に解釈できるのでしょうか?あとworldのあとのthatって関係代名詞でしょうか?

• 自分の気持ちを英語しました。添削して頂きたいです。

『世界中探したってあなたほど魅力的な女性はいない。 世界中探したって、あなたほど好きになれる・・・愛せる女性は見つからないと思う・・・』 という日本語文なのですが、 自分なりに英訳をしてみました。 『There is no one in this world as attractive as you. There will be no one in this world I will love more than you.』 何か変なところがあれば教えて欲しいです。 お願いします。

• I was only guy left in the world........

NHKラジオ英会話講座より I thought I was the only guy left in the world who thought that. そう考えるのは世界で僕がたった一人の男だと思ってた。 (質問)[left]の使い方が解りません。どういう意味でしょうか?名詞?形容詞?動詞?・・・、また[left]の同様の使い方の事例があれば教えていただけませんか? よろしくお願いいたします。 以上

• 英文の疑問点

New Yorkについての英文を読んでて疑問点が出てきたので教えてください。 New York is famous for its skyscrapers. There are many different styles of building. Some are beautiful,some are not. Together they are one of the most wonderful sights in the world. この文のTogetherはどういう意味でしょうか。 New York was the perfect place for skyscrapers. On a small, crowded island, there was only one place to go―up. この文のthere was only one place to go―upはどういう意味でしょうか。 In 1783, George Washington became president of the new country. His office was in Manhattan. But New York was only the capital of the new country for a year. この文ではButというよりAnd soとかのほうがいい気がするのですが どうでしょうか。 以上、よろしくお願いします。

• カジュアルな英訳お願いします(その28)

英訳宜しくお願い致します。 1 それにしても、日本には英語の参考書がめちゃくちゃ多くあるよな。  もしかしたら世界一かもしれないなぁ。  There are so many English reference books at Book store in Japan. We have those one's in the world!! 2 出版社はみんなが英語がぺらぺらに喋れるようにはならないように陰謀してるみたいだな。  みんなが上手に喋れたら本が売れなくなるもんな。  The publishing company don't want that studying English people can speak English fluently. If we can speak English fluently,they are in trouble, Nobody buy so many English reference books! 3 でも、母音だけってのも外国語を学ぶのには不利かもなぁ。  However we have only a vowel,learning foreing languages against us. 4 だんだん眠くなってきたなぁ。  I'm getting sleepy. 5 やっぱ、歳だなぁ。  Probably I am older than I thought!! 宜しくお願い致します。

• 英訳してください(+_+)

What are the limits to human performance in sports? Or are there any limits? Will future athletes continue to be able to break old records by running and swimming faster, jumping higher and farther, and lifting more weight? Or will we get to a point where the human body has reached its limit and few or no new records can be set? These questions came up again when Mike Powell broke the world record in the long jump by leaping over twentynine feet in 1991. The old record which had been set in 1968 was the longest remaining record in the history of track and field. Many people had wondered if the old mark was an absolute limit which world never be passed. But Powell surpassed it, and others are now busy trying to set a new record again.