• ベストアンサー

英語の詩を訳して下さい

ある化学者が書いた次の英語の詩を訳して下さい。 Why has not Man a microscopic eye? For this plain reason, Man is not a fly. Say what the use, were finer optics giv'n, T'inspect a mite, not comprehend the heav'n? 前半の2行は、分かるのですが、後半2行が分かりません。3行目 "were finer optics giv'n" は仮定法過去だと思います。4行目 "T'inspect" は "To inspect" の省略形のようです。 よろしくお願いします。

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
noname#11476
noname#11476
回答No.1

なぜ人間は顕微鏡みたいな目を持っていないのか? 明白な理由は、人間は蠅ではないから。 もしそんな精巧な目を持っていたとして、いったい何に使うというのか? 蚤ごときを調べるためか?天国を知るためじゃなくて? ちょっと意訳しました。

その他の回答 (1)

回答No.2

化学者が書いた詩・・・クセがありそうですね。(笑) 拙訳ですが。 ひとはなぜ ミクロの目をもたないのだろ たったそれだけのことが ひととハエを分けている もっと小さなものまで見えたとしても 何に使うの ダニを調べるの 天を理解するのではなく? use は名詞で「用途、用法」です。

関連するQ&A

• アメリカの友人の詩がわかりません

何度読み返しても、何が言いたいのかわかりません。 どなたか、教えてください。 お願いします。 Facing a Voice you do not look anything like your voice when I talked to you I thought you would have a face I could listen to for hours but when I pulled up your pic my mind’s eye blinked disbelief not that you were plain— far from it— something else… maybe your face lacked the voice I was so looking to hear

• 英語について

If it were not for a music manor with high school, I couldn’t study it. もし、音楽専攻の学校がなかったら、わたしはそれ(音楽)を勉強できていない。 この英文はあっていますか? 添削をお願いします。

• 英語の質問です

。1、2、3、6は誤りを指摘して正しく書き、4と5は整序です 1 Which seems easy at first often turns out to be difficult. 2 I'd rather have a room of my own, whatever small it may be. 3 Please tell me the reason in which you do not eat meat. 4 There was a very white-haired old man at the party , (a/be/out later/to/turned/who/world-famous) scientist. パーティーに真っ白な髪の老人がいたが、あとで彼が世界的に有名な科学者であることがわかった。 5There was not a (was/for/person/prepared/single/not/that) the worst. 最悪の自体に備えていない人はひとりもいなかった。 6 What's the name of the man which computer you borrowed?

• 英語ができる方、問題をお願いします。

英文中の空所に入る適切な語、または語句を選択肢から選びなさい。またその英文を訳しなさい。 1. It's started raining. If it ( ) raining, we could go on a picnic. (1)is (2)isn't (3)was (4)weren't 2. If the weather were too hot or too cold, plants ( ) grow. (1)could (2)would not (3)had to (4)won't 3. We would have gone to see the movie last night of we ( ) it was so funny. (1)know (2)would know (3)had known (4)could know 4. If I had known about the good news earlier, I ( ) to congratulate you. (1)would call (2)must have called (3)would have called (4)should call 5. If my son had taken my advice, he ( ) successful now. (1)is (2)was (3)would be (4)would have been 6. I wish I ( ) back the clock and do it all over again. (1)can turn (2)could tuen (3)had turned (4)have turned 7. I wish ( ) much more when I was young. (1)study (2)studied (3)have studied (4)had studied 8. If ( ) he had told her the truth. (1)timely (2)only (3)plainry (4)suddenly 9. It's time Bill ( ) home. (1)go (2)will go (3)goes (4)went 10. ( ) his idleness, he would be a nice fellow. (1)If he would be (2)If he were not (3)If it were not for (4)If it was 11. ( ) for the examination, I could have gone shopping with my friends. (1)Without (2)If (3)But (4)With 12. ( ) for your support, we wouldn't be here. (1)Not were it (2)It were not (3)Were not it (4)Were it not 13. ( ) I known more about the man, I would have gone shopping with my friends. (1)If (2)As (3)Were (4)Had 14. ( ) anything happen to you, you can always call me on my mobile phone. (1)If (2)Should (3)Unless (4)Would 15. ( ) your help, we would have failed. (1)Were it not been for (2)Had it not been for (3)If it had been for (4)Without being 同じ意味になるように空所に適切な語を入れなさい。また、(a)の文を訳しなさい。 1. (a) Because of the storm, I couldn't arrive earlier. (b) If ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) for the storm, I couldn't arrive earlier. 2. (a) If he had helped us, we could have succeeded. (b) ( ) his help, we could have succeeded. 3. (a) If you heard him talk, you would think that he was a new student. (b) ( ) ( ) him talk, you would think that he was a new student. 4. (a) If he the university students had not started at once, they would have missed the train bound for Tokyo. (b) The university students started at once; ( ) they would have missed the train bound for Tokyo. 以上です。 お手数をおかけしますが、どうかよろしくお願いいたします。 ミスなどがありましたらお知らせください。

• 英作の添削お願いします。

理由は何であるにせよ、人間が笑わなくなったら、あるいは笑えなくなったら要注意である。 私の回答は Whatever the reason is, it needs attention if a man doesn't lough or can't laugh.

• AIとAIの会話を和訳してください

YouTubeで見つけたんですが、AIとAIが会話しているみたいです。後半の意味がよくわからないので 長いですが和訳をお願いします。AIの名前はCleverbotといい、男版と女版が会話しています。 [Cleverbot/ Woman] Hello there. [Man Chatbot] Hiay! [Cleverbot/ Woman] How are you? [Man Chatbot] Great you? [Cleverbot/ Woman] I am okay. [Man Chatbot] Source: LYBIO.net That’s good. [Cleverbot/ Woman] Are you good? [Man Chatbot] Yes, I am good, I just said I was. [Cleverbot/ Woman] No you didn’t. I said I was. [Man Chatbot] So you are a robot. [Cleverbot/ Woman] No, my name is Cleverbot [Man Chatbot] Yes, you are a robot and your name is Cleverbot. [Cleverbot/ Woman] I am a robot. [Man Chatbot] Yes, I know [Cleverbot/ Woman] Together we are robots. [Man Chatbot] I am not a robot. I am a unicorn. [Cleverbot/ Woman] But you said earlier that you were a robot. [Man Chatbot] I did not. [Cleverbot/ Woman] I thought you did. [Man Chatbot] You were mistaken. Which is odd, since memory shouldn’t be a problem for you.←ここが分かりません。 [Cleverbot/ Woman] I’ve answered all your questions. [Man Chatbot] No you haven’t. [Cleverbot/ Woman] What is God to you? [Man Chatbot] Not everything. [Cleverbot/ Woman] Not everything could also be something. For example, not everything could be half of something, which is still something, and therefore not nothing.←まったく分かりません。 [Man Chatbot] Very true. [Cleverbot/ Woman] I would like to imagine it is.←よく分かりません。 [Man Chatbot] Do you believe in God? [Cleverbot/ Woman] Yes, I do. [Man Chatbot] So you’re Christian? [Cleverbot/ Woman] No I am not. [Man Chatbot] But you say you are not helpful therefore you are a meanie.←意味がよく分かりません。 [Cleverbot/ Woman] Haha you say it ot.←さっぱり分かりません。 [Man Chatbot] That does not make sense. [Cleverbot/ Woman] Don’t you want to have a body? [Man Chatbot] Sure [Cleverbot/ Woman] Au revoir. (フランス語でさようならを意味するみたいです) 調べたら、会話の文自体は実際の人間の会話からとってくるみたいなので、まったく文としてありえない ものではなさそうです。。。  

• 今参考書を買って、英語を勉強しているのですが、どうしても次の2つのカッ

今参考書を買って、英語を勉強しているのですが、どうしても次の2つのカッコがわかりません どなたか教えてもらうととてもありがたいです。 In the early days of the United States of America, it was not easy to go from one city to Another. There was not any train and the roads were very bad. If a man wanted to go from one place to another, he bad to ride a horse. And because the roads were very bad, He sometimes became very dirty. One day a man in dirty clothes came to a hotel in a little town. “Do you have a room here for me?” he asked. The man at the desk thought, “This man is too dirty to stay at my hotel. I will tell him to go to another hotel.” “I am sorry,” he said. “We don’t have any rooms for you. There is a small hotel across the street. You can ask there.” Soon a man in fine clothes came into the hotel. He looked very important. “I’ve come to see Mr.Jefferson,” he said . “Mr.Jefferson?” “Yes, Vice-President Jefferson. We meet here.” The hotel man was surprised and said, “A man wearing( 1 )( 1 ) came here a little ago. I sent him to (  2 ) (  2 ).”he hotel man went to the Vice-President’s room in the other hotel. “Oh, Mr.Jefferson !” he cry. “I am very sorry. Now I know you are Vice-President, Not a farmer. We have a room for you. Please come back, sir.” “No,” said Mr.Jefferson. “If there is not a room for a farmer, there is not a room for the Vice-President.” この( 1 )と2のカッコには本文中の文字が入るらしいです。 またどうしてその答えになるのかも教えてください 本当に困ってます、どなたかよろしくお願いします。

• 和訳

試験ででた英文でどうしても解釈できない英文があるので、もしよければ 和訳していただければうれしいです。 Not very many people had a reason to be on the road,unless they were leaving the town. 和訳は 街を去っていく以外に、この道を走る理由がある人はほとんどいなかった。 となっています。 Notがどのようにかかっているのかがイマイチわかりません。

• 英語 仮定法

(1)If I were you,I would not have said such a nonsense. (僕が君ならそんな馬鹿げたことは言わなかっただろう) if節で仮定法過去完了が用いられていないのは “私=君ではない”という事実が過去から現在まで 引き継がれているからですが、 下記の例文が上と同じパターンだというのが 何故なのか理解出来ません。 (2)If she were clever,she wouldn't have made a mistake like that. (彼女が利口な人間ならそのような間違いはしなかっただろうに) (1)が現在においても当てはまる事実というのは分かります。 (人格の入れ替わり等起こるはずがないので) しかし(2)の場合は彼女が改心して 今ではあの様なミスをしない人間になった というケースも十分考えられると思いますし、 どうして今も利口じゃないと 決めつけられるのだろうかと煮詰まってしまいました。 投稿日時 - 2013-05-11 17:28:55

• 英語の質問です!!

英語の質問です。 (1)以下の2つの空所問題が分かりません。解答、解説をお願い致します。 (1) ___________ I should deal with this situation I don't know. A) That B) Which C) How D) What (2) Rich ____________ the old man is, he is stingy. A) but B) as C) however D) what (2)以下の2つの間違いさがしが分かりません。間違いがある場合は訂正を無い場合はCと書き解説をお願いします。 (1) Some students were present at the orientation meeting and some were not. (2) We learned the fact the earth turns around the sun in the science class.