• ベストアンサー

和訳です

TOEFLのために英語の勉強をしていて分からないところがあるので教えてください。 会話文のスクリプトなんですが、 M:I talked until I was blue in the face trying to explain to Susan why we should call off the proposed art exhibition, but she's so argumentative. W:You can say that again. She's the type of person who always has to get the last word in. 特に最後の She's the type of person who always has to get the last word in. が分かりません。どなたか解説の程よろしくお願いします。

• 英語
  • 回答数4
  • ありがとう数3

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • toko0503
  • ベストアンサー率36% (886/2437)
回答No.1

> W:You can say that again. She's the type of person who always has to get the last word in. 「そうなのよね。彼女ったらいつも自分が議論の最後に勝たないと気が済まないタチなのよね。(議論に負けたくないのよね)」 あたりでしょうか。 get(have) the last word (決定的な発言をする/議論を制して最後に述べる)

guowu-x
質問者

補足

ありがとうございます! have the last word の形しか辞書に載っていなかったので分からなかったようです。 あと、 get the last word in の in のあとには何が省略されているのですか?

その他の回答 (3)

• toko0503
  • ベストアンサー率36% (886/2437)
回答No.4

> get the last word in の in のあとには何が省略されているのですか? ……in an argument ということだと思います。

guowu-x
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます。 スッキリしました。

noname#114795
noname#114795
回答No.3

the type of person : そういうタイプの人、そうした性格の人 get a word in : 言葉を差し挟む the last word : 締めくくる言葉、最後の断、結論 とにかくご自分で何とか訳してみませんか?  ああ言えばこう言う、議論好きで理屈をこねることが好きな人はいます。とくに自分が優位な立場では、相手をやり込めるのが楽しいのでしょうね。結論を出す主導権を握りたがるのです。そう言えば教えて!goo の回答者にも(?)。

guowu-x
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます。 よく分かりました。 辞書には get a word in get the word の二つが別々に載っていてややこしかったですが、おかげで助かりました。

noname#14068
noname#14068
回答No.2

the last word には「捨てぜりふ」などの意味もありますが(その辺のニュアンスはシチュエーションによると思いますが)、ここでは、last word freak (最後の決めぜりふを言いたがる人) という言葉もあるように、「最後の結論」ということではないかと思います。get in は「さしいれる」とか「さしはさむ」。ですから、the type of person who always has to get the last word in は、「いつだって自分の言葉で話を締めくくらなければ気のすまないタイプの人」 ということではないかと思います。 M: 例の美術展の計画は中止したほうがいいってこと、スーザンに説明しようとして、くたくたになるまで話したけどね、彼女ひるまない人だね。 W: そのとおりよ。説得されて話が終わるなんて我慢ならないタイプの人なのよ。 http://www2.alc.co.jp/ejr/index.php?word_in=last+word&word_in2=%82%A0%82%A2%82%A4%82%A6%82%A8&word_in3=PVawEWi72JXCKoa0Je http://www2.alc.co.jp/ejr/index.php?word_in=get+in&word_in2=%82%A9%82%AB%82%AD%82%AF%82%B1&word_in3=PVawEWi72JXCKoa0Je

guowu-x
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます。 HPも有用でした。そのページは知らなかったので今後役立ちそうです。

関連するQ&A

• 英語の得意な方、和訳お願いします!4

At the UN,Ogata worked for refugees. She did this not because she felt sorry for them. She did this because she believe that every person has basic human rights. She believes in the dignity of every person. Let's think about the words she has said about the human rights of children. All the children in the word have the same basic human rights. They have the right to live with their families,the right to go to school in peace,and the right to grow up in safety.

• 和訳をお願いします!

1 I'm that hungry I could eat shoe leather. 2 The press attached no small importance the present state of our country. 英訳をお願いします! 3 少年は旧友みんなと絶交した。 4 乗客の中には救助された人もいるが、おぼれ た人もいた。 和訳()に注意して Whenever a person who already has enough to live on proposes to engage in some everyday kind of job, (such as) school-teacher or typing, he or she is told that such conduct takes the bread out of other people's mouth, and is therefore wicked. 宜しくお願いします!

• 和訳をよろしくお願いします

A woman I work with used to join me and a few others for drinks after work occasionally, and her company is fine enough. However, over the past six months due to a minor promotion, she has become insufferable. She is constantly ratting people out to our principal (I work at a school,) looking for ways to get those she doesn’t like in trouble, and even going as far as to make up things that aren’t true. None of this has been directed at me personally, so I have stayed out of it, while remaining sympathetic to my co-workers who are victims of her power trip. The root of this issue is the way the principal handles HR, but I’m not interested in speaking with her about that. My problem is that this woman is always asking me what I’m doing after work and trying to invite herself along with me and another friend I work with. We both feel uncomfortable socializing with her since we’re disgusted at her behavior, however, I don’t feel I can be direct with her since she has the ear of my boss. I don’t feel I can be direct with her since she has the ear of my boss.の和訳をよろしくお願いします

• 和訳をお願いします。

この文章の和訳を教えてください。 My wanderings in life has always told me that sterotype behaviour is learned and fickle...the real person is always hiding within too scared to appear in fear of rejection....and we all have those same fears...so perhaps we can all sterotype our fears as well....others lay in ignorance to their real self....probably because they are fightened of who they are and they mask the truth of themselves... 拒否されることに対する恐れから本当の人格を隠そうとしてしまうっていうことなんでしょうか? 単語から大体内容はつかめてる気はするのですが、細かく読み取れません。 どなたか教えてくださるとうれしいです。

• 和訳をよろしくお願いします

What do you say to someone who had cosmetic surgery and it looks terrible? I have a relative who just posted a picture of herself on social media after having undergone extensive facial surgery. It looks awful. I will have to see her over the holidays, and I know she’ll want to talk about it. She is a cruel narcissist who has always been insecure about her looks, so she constantly makes hateful comments about other people and takes great pleasure in hurting and manipulating people. This goes beyond garden-variety pettiness to sociopathic-level behavior. 最後のセンテンスの和訳をよろしくお願いします

• 和訳をよろしくお願いします

I’m a recently realized genderqueer person, falling more toward the side of a trans girl. Over the past six to 12 months, I’ve started dressing the part as I get more comfortable, and that means that I’ve been more easily recognizable as a queer person, or at least it’s easier for people to guess, since appearance isn’t always proof positive. A handful of times, another person—who, if I had to guess, I would presume is a fellow queer individual—has approached me unexpectedly to offer a compliment or other kind word. In the past I’d have thought nothing of it beyond a kind word from a stranger, but with the hope to meet new queer friends on my mind, these moments have made me wonder if there’s some secret code or policy that some queer folks subscribe to when it comes to acknowledging or reaching out to others they suspect are members of the club, and I’m experiencing it for the first time as a New QueerTM. I’d have thought nothing of it beyond a kind word from a stranger,とwith the hope to meet new queer friends on my mindの和訳をよろしくお願いします

• 和訳お願いします

またまたおねがいします when Mister Harry, in the old days, had stood out against her word in some petty dispute, she could always get the better of him by slapping her slatty old chest with the flat of her long hand and crying out: "Why, Mister Harry, you, ain't you shamed to talk lak dat to me? I nuhsed you at dis bosom!" 訛りというか普通の単語ではないところが多いです

• 和訳お願いします

Shocked to hear that his friend was waiting for a heart transplant,Robert Test decided to become an organ donor. This is what he wrote about his decision. At a certain moment,a doctor will decide that my brain has stopped functioning. When that happens, do not attempt to revive my body by the use of a machine. Give my eyes to a man who has never seen a sunrise,a baby's face, or love in the eyes of a woman. Give my heart to a person whose own heart has caused him nothing but days of endless pain. Give my blood to a teenager who was seriously injured in a traffic accident,so that he or she might live and see his or her grandchildren playing.

• 和訳お願いします(*..)

always polite has much to do with who is doing the observing, to an observer who is outside the uchi group, the impolite side of the Japanese is hardly ever expressed.

• 和訳をお願いしますm(_ _)m

海外のインタビュー記事です。 ご協力お願い致します。 ●How do you describe your photography? I would like to think of my work as raw, sexy, youthful and fresh! ●How do you try to capture a person’s character and sense of self in your images? Characters and personalities are so important to me, people are so interesting, why photograph a mannequin when there are so many issues to explore. I don’t intentionally work out how I am going to capture the character, I guess it just naturally happens; I am always interested in knowing the subject and playing with them. ●What elements of your own character do you try to express through your photography? I’m a little bit of a wild child, I’m kind of insane and dark. I guess you can always see the darkness and the wild-side of the kids in my work. I think it’s important to capture the energy and moment. People have said I personally dress as if I were in my own photo shoot. I think it’s important and fun to dress up in the morning, to express yourself, no matter what, where or who you are.  Be creative all the time!