• ベストアンサー

Together の訳しかたに関する質問です。

maizuruの回答

• maizuru
  • ベストアンサー率56% (25/44)
回答No.1

この英文の前にどのような記述があるのかわからない(「武器云々」とかかれていますが)ですが、 「それと同時に」とはならないのでないでしょうか。 together が頭にくる英文の典型的なのに Together they have to earn a thousand dollars a month. というようなものがありますが、together の持つ意味(ニュアンス)の一つの combined でしょうから、「一つになって」「すべてが一体となって」「全体として相まって」のニュアンスでいいと思うのですが。 ですから、These innovations got together and permitted ... というより These innovations, together, permitted ... の方でしょう。 また、全体の内容がつかめないのでわかりませんが、この英文だけだと、「政治制度」というより「政治的な慣行」といった感じを私は受けますが(もっとも、慣行も「一種の制度」ではあるでしょうけれど)。

関連するQ&A

• together のかかる先が納得行かないのですが

ある大学入試問題の文です。自分が原因で結婚生活に失敗しつつある男が、それでも自分を変えられない現状に嘆き、こう語っています。 I realized that I was not only making a fool of myself, but that I was destroying all the peace and happiness of our life together. ある業者が出している和訳では、「私達の生活における平和と幸福を、もろともに破壊している」となっていましたが、私は、our life together 「二人の生活」ととらえるべきなのでは、と思っていますが、ご意見をお聞かせ下さい。

• 「bring together」の英英辞典での意味

英英辞典で「bring together」の記述が以下のようになっておりました。 http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/bring+together?r=66 http://www.onelook.com/?w=bring+together&loc=pub bring together verb 1. cause to become joined or linked; "join these two parts so that they fit together" [syn: join] [ant: disjoin] 2. bring together in a common cause or emotion; "The death of their child had drawn them together" [syn: bond] 2番目の方の記述が何を表しているのかよく分からないのですが。 "~"の部分は例文だと思うのですが。 どなたか分かる方がいましたら、よろしくお願い致します。

• short-circuitingって、日本語でなんと訳しますか?

short-circuitingって、日本語でなんと訳しますか? Is it the sophistication of man's progress-----or the resulting short-circuiting of his basic understanding-----that has blocked these vital elements of "humane-ness" from his life? この"vital elements" も日本語でどう訳せば良いですか?教えてください。 kay722

• 和訳をよろしくお願いします

Given these results, it appears that the endowed progress effect is the result of a change in perceived progress toward the goal

• この訳はどうなりますか?

technology of the west is accompanied by neither knowledge of the ups and downs that were experienced in the building of process nor the valuabole creative experience that went into the initial discoveries upon which that building was accompanished. これはどうゆう訳になりますか?まったく見当がつきません! よろしくお願いします。

• 次の文で、

One of these meat packers was a man named Samuel Wilson. この文は、倒置の文とは言わないのですかね? ( ~は、~のひとりだ・・・?)

• 下記の英文を訳してくださる方はいませんか?

Another problem is that the finding was based on a conception of “intelligence” that most developmental psychologists now reject. Specifically, the finding was from studies in which a single global IQ score was the only measure of a person’s intelligence. It is now known that intelligence is not a single unitary trait, but rather consists of several distinct and relatively independent skills or abilities, such as verbal fluency and numerical ability. The fact that these abilities are relatively independent suggests that they should not be limped together into one global score. Another reason not to combine them is that they seem to depend to different degrees on heredity. Finally, and of most importance to developmental psychologists, different abilities exhibit different patterns of change through the life span. お願いします。

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

Guitarist Dean DeLeo told The Pulse Of Radio that despite the drama, the remaining members did not want to diminish what the original group achieved. "We are very aware of what the four of us created together," he said. "When the four of us were together and we made records and we made music, the end result was pretty good. I was usually pretty satisfied with it. But getting there was miserable. But you know, I'm very proud and very honored to have made these musical contributions with the four of us, and I think it's important that we recognize that, you know."

• この二つの訳をみていただけますか?

将来技術がもっと発達しつづけると、環境にはもしかしたらよくない影響があるかも知れない。 There will or might be some adverse effect on the environment when technology keeps making more progress in the future. 将来、自然災害を予測できるほどに技術は発達するだろうと思うが、私はそれをよい方向に使ってくれることを願う。 I expect that technology will develop enough to such an extent that it can predict all natural disasters in the future. I hope, however, it can be used for the better cause. この二つの文で直すところがあったら教えてください。 よろしくお願い致します。

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

There's been a lot of times though in the band situation where there's been some deep wounds. Like that press conference they put together in 1996, after canceling three shows. The same stuff was going on with certain members of the band, that I was doing at that time. That was that time, I'm not making an excuse for it, it was a horrible time in my life. As well there were a lot of great things going on in my life, but that part of it was miserable. But I don't think at all that there needed to be a press conference to out me publicly, that was my own business.