• ベストアンサー

自動車トライボ表面工学の和訳ですが

Yoshi-Pの回答

• ベストアンサー
  • Yoshi-P
  • ベストアンサー率37% (163/434)
回答No.4

saekowさん、こんばんは。 帰宅して食事も済みました。 さて、3番目の文章ですが、これも、Elasto-hydrodynamic Lubricationというタイプの潤滑の説明ですね。elasto-hydrodynamicsには、流体弾性力学とか加圧液体弾性学とかいう訳語があります。従って、Elasto-hydrodynamic Lubricationで、流体弾性力学的潤滑とか加圧液体弾性学的潤滑とか訳しておくのが無難です。(私は化学が専門なので、技術的にはよくわかりません。) 翻訳する上での考え方の手順は、まず最初に 「in which以下に説明されているような潤滑の状態」 ということを思い浮かべます。 次にin which以下を考えます。 いっぺんに全部を訳そうとするとややこしくなるので、まず、in combination withの前までを考えます。すると、「the friction and film thickness between two bodies in relative motionがelastic properties of the bodiesによって決定される」という文章になっていることがわかります。 その次にin combination with以下を考えます。in combination with以下は、the elastic properties of the bodiesと並列するものです。この場合には、 「the friction and film thickness between two bodies in relative motionがthe elastic properties of the bodiesとthe viscous properties of the lubricant at the prevailing pressure, temperature and rate of shearとの組合せによって決定される」 という文章構成になります。 全体の文章構成がわかったら、今度はそれぞれの部分を検討していきます。 bodies(body)は物体です。two bodies in relative motionとは、2つの物体が相対的に運動していることを意味していて、「相対的に運動している2つの物体」というような意味になります。これで、「この2つの物体の間の摩擦及び膜厚が、上記の組合せによって決定される」という文章構成になっていることがわかりますね。 prevailingはよくわからないのですが、currentと同じ意味で使われることもあります。また、行き渡ったとか普及したとかの意味もあります。単純に「周囲の圧力、温度・・・」というような意味ではないかという気がします。 なお、rateは比ではなくて速度です。rate of shearはせん断速度です。 以上の点をまとめれば、翻訳ができあがると思います。 がんばって下さい。 なお、私はプーケットには3回、コ・サムイには2回行ったことがあります。とてもいいところでした。バンコクの市内観光もしたことがあります。そのうちもっと北の方、チェンマイとかも行ってみたいと思っています。

関連するQ&A

• 機械系の英語を日本語に訳してもらいませんか?

Boundary Lubrication A condition of lubrication in which the friction and wear between two surfaces in relative motion are determined by the properties of the surfaces and by the properties of the lubricant other than bulk viscosity. Mixed Lubrication; See: quasi-hydrodynamic lubrication. Quasi-hydrodynamic Lubrication; A loosely defined regime of lubrication, especially in metalworking where thin-film lubrication predominates. Elasto-hydrodynamic Lubrication; A condition of lubrication in which the friction and film thickness between two bodies in relative motion are determined by the elastic properties of the bodies, in combination with the viscous properties of the lubricant at the prevailing pressure, temperature and rate of shear. Thin- film Lubrication A condition of lubrication in which the film thickness of the lubricant is such that the friction and wear between the surfaces is determined by the properties of the surfaces as well as the viscosity of the lubricant. 1. Boundary lubrication, Elastohydrodynamic Lubrication is better-defined terms, which should be used where possible. 2. Under thin-film conditions the coefficient of friction is often 10 times to 100 times greater than under thick film conditions.

• また,機械系の英語の質問ですか

すみませんが、私の和訳は正しいですか。ちょっと見てもらいませんか? Thin- film Lubrication A condition of lubrication in which the film thickness of the lubricant is such that the friction and wear between the surfaces is determined by the properties of the surfaces as well as the viscosity of the lubricant. Boundary lubrication, Elastohydrodynamic Lubrication is better-defined terms, which should be used where possible. Under thin-film conditions the coefficient of friction is often 10 times to 100 times greater than under thick film conditions. 薄い膜潤滑 潤滑条件が、潤滑剤の厚さは潤滑剤の粘度だけでなく表面の特性で表面の間の摩擦と磨耗が決定される。 1.境界潤滑、弾性流体潤滑はよく定義された用語であり、それは可能で使われるべきである 2.薄膜条件の以下で、摩擦の係数は、厚膜条件以下よりよく10倍から100倍大きいである。

• 和訳をチェックしてください。

Thick-film Lubrication A condition of lubrication in which the film thickness of the lubricant is appreciably greater than that required to cover the surface asperities when subjected to the operating load, so that the effect of the surface asperities is not noticeable. Hydrodynamic Lubrication A system of lubrication in which the shape and relative motion of the sliding causes the formation of a fluid film having sufficient pressure to separate the surfaces. 厚いフィルム潤滑 それにおいて、表面厳しさの効果が目立たないように操作荷重に服従している時に、表面厳しさをカバーするのを要求されるより潤滑油のフィルム厚さがかなり大きい潤滑の条件。 流体力学的の潤滑 潤滑 *** スライディング原因 表面を隔てていることについて十分なプレッシャーを持っている流動性のフィルムの構成 の形および相対的な動作 のシステム。

• すみませんが、機械系の和訳をチェックしてもらいませんか?

いったん訳しましたが、意味はちょっとおかしいと思います。よろしくお願いいたします。 Thick-film Lubrication A condition of lubrication in which the film thickness of the lubricant is appreciably greater than that required to cover the surface asperities when subjected to the operating load, so that the effect of the surface asperities is not noticeable. 厚膜潤滑剤 潤滑剤の条件は表面の障害を覆うのに必要な量以上潤滑剤であり,膜厚が厚い状態。これにより荷重が課されても、表面の障害は分かりにくくなる。 Hydrodynamic Lubrication A system of lubrication in which the shape and relative motion of the sliding causes the formation of a fluid film having sufficient pressure to separate the surfaces. 動圧液体潤滑 潤滑剤が、表面隔てているのに十分な圧力をもっている流動性の膜の構成の形及び相対的な動作の表面すべりである。

• 日本語の意味を直してください。

機械系の英語です。よろしくお願いします。 Hydrostatic Lubrication A system of lubrication in which the lubricant is supplied under sufficient external pressure to separate the opposing surfaces by a liquid film. 流体静力学の潤滑 それにおいて、反対表面を隔てるように十分な外圧の下で潤滑油が流体膜から供給される潤滑のシステム。

• この文章の和訳をお願いします。

Fig.2. The orbit of relative motion with b=1.920, e=0 and i=0. The particle enters the Hill sphere (denoted by a circle in a fine line) of the protoplanet at origin. But it escapes away from the Hill sphere without close encounter.

• 和訳をよろしくお願いします。

According to Paper I, the total collisional rate <Γ(e_1,i_1)> of planetesimals upon the protoplanet with the heliocentric orbital elements e_1 and i_1 is given by <Γ(e_1,i_1)>=2π^2∫<n_2>e_i<P(e,i)>dedi, ・・・・・・・(9) where <n_2> is the distribution function of planetesimals averaged by the phase angles τ_1 and ω_1 of the protoplanet, and e and i are the orbital elements of relative motion between the protoplanet and the planetesimal at infinity.

• 和訳をお願いします。

The normalized Hill’s equations of the relative motion are described as (for definitions of coordinates, see PaperI) x’’=2y’+3x-3x/r^3, y’’=-2x’-3y/r^3, z’’=-z-3z/r^3, (6) where time is normalized by the Keplerian period Ω^-1 and length by the Hill radius ha_0*. よろしくお願いします。

• この文章の和訳をよろしくお願いします。

According to Paper I, the total collisional rate <Γ(e_1,i_1)> of planetesimals upon the protoplanet with the heliocentric orbital elements e_1 and i_1 is given by <Γ(e_1,i_1)>=2π^2∫<n_2>e_i<P(e,i)>dedi, ・・・・・・・(9) where <n_2> is the distribution function of planetesimals averaged by the phase angles τ_1 and ω_1 of the protoplanet, and e and i are the orbital elements of relative motion between the protoplanet and the planetesimal at infinity. よろしくお願いします。

• 和訳お願いします。

In 1684,through computations by Picard,the earth's exact circumference was determined for the first time .Using the French astronomer's data,Newton applied the principle of gravitation to prove that the power which guides the moon around the earth and the planets around the sun is the force of gravity. The force varies directly with the mass of the attracted bodies and inversely as the square of their distances. Newton went on to show that this account for the elliptical orbits of the planets. The pull of graviy kept the moon and planets in their paths,balancing the centrifugal forces of their motions. Again,Newton failed to reveal his phenomenal discovery of nature's greatest secret. As it happened,however,other scientists were engaged in a search for a solution of the same problem. Several astronomer had suggested that the planets were bound to the sun by the force of gravity. Among these was Robert Hooke,Newton's severest and most persistent critic.But none of the theorists had been able to offer mathematical proof.By now Newton had won considerable reputation as a mathematician,and he was visited at Cambridge by the astoronomer Edmund Halley who requested his help.When Halley atated the problem,he learned that it had been solved two years before by Newton .Further,Newton had worked out the principal laws of motion of bodies moving under the force of gravity.Charatecteristically,through,Newton had no intention of publishing his findings.