• ベストアンサー

英訳を見ていただけないでしょうか?

英訳を頼まれてしまいました。自分なりにやってみましたが、自信がありません。おわかりになる方、添削をしていただけないでしょうか? (1)風が舞う空にその身を投げることができますか? Can you throw yourself to the sky where wind blows? (2)大きな悲しみを前に耐えることができますか? Can you stand it when you faced big sarrow? (3)固く握り締めた拳を振り下ろさずにいれますか? Can you keep your fist which you clenched firmly without swinging down? (どうしても上手く表現できませんでした・・・) (4)そしてそれが生きることだと胸を張って言えますか? And can you say that it is to live with confidence? 以上です。どうぞ宜しくお願いいたします。

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • ohboy729
  • ベストアンサー率41% (244/589)
回答No.1

5問ともそのままでいけると思います。訂正ではなく提案です。 (1)風が舞う空にその身を投げることができますか? Can you throw yourself to the sky where wind blows? in→intoの方がいいかな。読んだときに最後の三単現sが ないほうがいいと思いますのでwinds(いろんな種類の風)で 複数形にもなりますからこんなのはどうでしょうか。 →Can you throw yourself into the sky where winds blow? →Can you cast yourself into the whirlwind in the sky ? *下は関係副詞を使わない例です。whirlwind:旋風 (2)大きな悲しみを前に耐えることができますか? Can you stand it when you faced big sarrow? *このitは状況ですね。でも仮定法としてfacedに なってますが起こり得ないことでしょうか。big→grave →Can you stand it when you are to face grave sarrow? *are to face(be+to不定詞):ーする運命、定めだ)でも (=will(予定、予測):する事になっている)のどちらでも使えます。 →Can you stand the pain of the biting sorrow ? *bite:噛みつくような、身を切るような (身を切るような悲しみの痛みに耐えられますか。) →Isn't it unbearable to face sorrowful realities ? (悲しい現実に直面するのは耐え難くはないですか。) (3)固く握り締めた拳を振り下ろさずにいれますか? Can you keep your fist which you clenched firmly without swinging down? (どうしても上手く表現できませんでした・・・) 今頃気が付いたのですが、関係詞や構文の使用作文なら僕の アイデアは意味がないですね。(笑) →Can you hold back your firmly clenched fist ? *hold back:ぐっとこらえる、抑止する  firmly clenched fist :堅く握りしめられた拳 clenchedは 形容詞的に名詞修飾に回しました。 (4)そしてそれが生きることだと胸を張って言えますか? And can you say that it is to live with confidence? →And , can you declare/assert that's what life should be ? →And , can you say positively " That's life " ? *that's what life should be :それが人生そうであるべきの姿だ 以上のようなものです。

nameshin
質問者

お礼

なんて丁寧なご回答でしょう!感動してしまいました・・・。関係詞や構文の使用作文ではありませんので、とても参考になりました。そして勉強にもなりました。本当にありがとうございました!

その他の回答 (1)

回答No.2

~を前にをfaceとするのは良くありません。face~には~と真っ向から立ち向かうという意味があります。 ここでそれを使ってしまうと真っ向から立ち向かっているのだから当然耐えられるはずなのにわざわざ質問している矛盾が生じます。 be faced by(with) とすれば意味は通じます

nameshin
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございました。faceの使い方、非常に勉強になりました!

関連するQ&A

• 英訳をお願いします。

はじめまして 以下の英訳をお願い出来ればと思います。 よろしくお願いします。 Just think how happy you would be if you lost everything you have right now, and then got it back again. Go look at those kids that starved to death. Sometimes you need something much more miserable than you to feel good about yourself.

• 英訳 自信を持っていいところ

いつもありがとうございます。 「自信を持っていいところ」は、 全然わからず、placesを使ってみました。どのように英訳するとよいでしょうか。 和文:自信を持っていいところ、たくさんあるうちの一つはあなたの笑顔ですよ。徳に口元、あなたの笑顔は人をひきつける力があるの。 英訳: You have a lot places you could have confidence in yourself, one of them is your smile. Especially, the corners of your mouth, your smile has the ability to charm people. ボーイフレンドに送るメッセージです

• 英文の日本語訳が合っているかどうか

You might find yourself in the minority, but have confidence in yourself and have the courage to put your beliefs into action. You might find yourself in the minority,/    あなたは気がつくと少数の中にいるかもしれない but have confidence in yourself / and have the courage to put your beliefs into action. しかし自分に自身を持て そして勇気を持て あなたの信念を実行に移すための あなたは気がつくと少数の中にいるかもしれない、しかし自分自身に自身をもて、そしてあなたの信念を実行に移すための勇気を持て この英文を日本語訳にしてみたのですがこれで大丈夫でしょうか?

• put at

"Confidence is a tricky, tricky little thing. Feeling good about yourself is so easy to put at the will of others when it should only be up to you." ここのput at the wii of othersの意味がよくわからないので、教えてほしいです。

• この英文を和訳して頂けますか?

imagine having the confidence of everybody around you for what it is you are about to do. 「a thousand paths to confidence」という本の一節ですが、what 以下が うまく訳せません。what you are about to do.であれば「あなたがしようとしていること」になると思うのですが、 間にある「it is」が何を指すのか、どう訳したらいいのかが今ひとつ理解できないのです。よろしくお願いします。

• 英訳お願いいたします。

英訳お願いいたします。 This weekend I went shopping for clothes ... maybe you like that ... but I'm not really enjoying it. It's too difficult, too many choices. And suppose I choose something other people don't like ... Anyway I'm finished now and I have what I I need to have. Hmmm Italian food. Do you like Italian food a lot? As for the chopsticks ... it's not really strange for me. Personally I use chopsticks to cook pasta. It's easy to stir and take some spaghetti out to see if it's cooked enough. But eating ... I use fork :)But when I went to an Italian restaurant in Osaka they also gave chopsticks. Can you eat pasta with a fork? Or you think it's easier with chopsticks? Don't worry ... we won't be having pasta when you're in Belgium. About the chili oil. It's me that needs to thank you. You gave it to me and you introduced me to this chili oil. It's really nice on salad. Without you I would never know it can be so nice. If you bring some to Belgium you can bring your favorite brand. It doesn't need to be specifically this one. I like to know what you like. Don't worry if it's spicy ... I can take very spicy food. But are you sure it's not too much trouble? ... maybe you don't like it. Actually it looks more like what a horse would eat ... hahaha. You can try ... but we should have something more authentic (Belgian) for you. And also as a backup ... because I really don't think you will like it :)

• 高校・英訳の主語が「I」ではなく「You」なのは?

よろしくお願いします。 高校生の子どもの疑問です。 「彼にお金を貸すくらいなら、捨てた方がましだ。」の英訳を I might as well throw my(the) money away as lend it to him. と 考えましたが、正解は You might as well throw your money away as lend it him. でした。 なぜ この場合 主語が 「You」(あなた・あなたたち)に なるのでしょうか。 「 I 」 または 「 We 」(私・私たち) のように  こちら側からの主語(表現がわかりにくくてすみません。)では ないのですか? 私は 英語が まったくできないので、説明ができません。 テストで 解答する時に はっきりと 区別をつけるために しっかりとした 説明が ないかと 悩んでいます。 どなたか わかる方が いらっしゃいましたら、よろしく おねがいします。

• 穴埋め問題「自分でやる」

"Why can't you do it yourself? " Ben's mother asked. "Your brother used to do his school work [ A ] without my help." A の答えは alone だったのですが、himself では誤りでしょうか。 どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。

• 英訳お願いします。

英訳お願いします。 ちなみに仮定法です。 1. A man of sense would not do such a thing. (~of sense 分別ある~) 2.Without his help, I could not have finished the job easily. 3.To hear him talk, you'd take him for an American. (To hear~=If you) 4.It is high time you went to school. 5.Not even the most imaginative people could have foreseen the computer age and spece travel.

• 英訳助けてください!!

オーストラリアのホストファミリーに手紙を書こうと思っています。 英語はまったくできないので、ぜひ修正お願いします!! Hi,Mom and ○○!!How are you?I’m very fine. There are earthquakes almost everyday in Japan. A quake came in last year was so big how we couldn’t stand up. Happily, we escaped injury but we couldn’t escaped radioactivity.My high school removed radioactivity but there is a little. Japanese Government is saying safety but I think it is doubtful. I wish peaceful come to Japan. I'm going to live in Tokyo in March because my university is in Tokyo. Its name is 『○○university』. I'm going to study psychology and English. It will start in April so I have a lot of holidays. So I'm trying to obtain driver’s license for manual gear shift cars. But I often kill the motor...it is very hard for me. I want to go to Australia in next year. Can you let me going to Australia? I intend to study English very hard until I meet you. 12年生を終えたらしいのですが、それは卒業ということでしょうか? 卒業であればこのような文で正しいですか? Congratulation, ○○!! I congratulate you on your graduation. You want to be army, isn’t it? I sure of you will be a powerful army. Please take care of yourself!!