• 締切済み

私の和訳、どうですか?駄目だししてください

And there were many things and many people, some that still seem to stand out clearly and some that are vaguer; but all these people were beautiful and kind. In some way - I don't know how- it was conveyed to me that they all were kind to me, glad to have me there,andfilling me with gladness by their gestures ,by the touch of their hands,by the welcome ane love in their eyes. いろいろなことがあって、多くの人がいた。今でもはっきりと目立っているように思われるものもいれば、もっと漠然としているものもあるが。でも、すべてその人たちは美しくて親切だった。 ある方法でー私は知らないがーそれは私に伝えられた。彼らはみな私に親切だった、 私がそこにいるのを喜んでいた、そして彼らの振る舞いから、かれらの手の感触から、彼らの 歓迎と愛のまなざしは私を喜びで満たした。   ※一見意味がわかりそうですが、読み返すとなんだか わけのわからない和訳になっていますよね? この和訳にどなたか駄目だししてください!

• 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数3

みんなの回答

• TonyB
  • ベストアンサー率55% (179/323)
回答No.3

指示語や冠詞のニュアンスをはっきりと、英文の構文(主語ー述語関係、修飾ー被修飾関係)を崩さないように訳す。といった注意が必要です。 単語の意味が難しくないほど、なんとなく読めてしまうのですが、文の構造から外れた訳では、理解しているようには思われないので採点では厳しい評価を受けてしまいます。 And there were many things and many people, some that still seem to stand out clearly and some that are vaguer; but all these people were beautiful and kind. の文は、セミコロンで二つの文章に分かれています。eazyurider1997さんご指摘の通り、後半のtheseに注意して、単にmany peopleならtheseは不要かあってもtheで十分なのにあえてtheseということは、theseが指すものにはsome that still seem to stand out clearly and some that are vaguerが含まれるべきだと思います。 「そこでは多くの出来事や人との出会いがあり、ある人は印象深く、またある人はあまり印象に残っていないが、いずれにせよすべての人は美しく親切であった。」 In some way - I don't know how- it was conveyed to me that they all were kind to me, glad to have me there,andfilling me with gladness by their gestures ,by the touch of their hands, by the welcome and love in their eyes.(最後のby the welcomeの前にandが抜けているように思いますが) は、In some way - I don't know how- は副詞句(節)で文の構造とは関係なく、「何らかの方法で、私にはよくわからないが、」という意味です。 文の構造は it(=that節) was conveyed to me by・・・.で、 that節の中は they were all kind to me        glad to have me there        filling me with gladness が並列になっています。 byは by their gestures by the touch of their hands by the welcome and love in their eyes が並列です。 ここまでくるとIn some way - I don't know how-のwayやhowの内容が、by以下に相当すると考えられますのでIn some wayは訳には入れなくてもよさそうですね。 「their gestures・・・(by以下)によって、they all were・・・(that節)ということは、私に伝えられた。」ということです。 「どうしてだかわからないのだが、彼らの身振り、手のぬくもり、歓迎や愛情のまなざしからは、彼らが私に親切であり、私を快く受け入れ、私を喜びで満しているということが伝わってきた。」

回答No.2

こんばんは。だめ出しします。怒らないでくださいね。  一つ目。指示代名詞、指示形容詞の指すものをよく考える。一発目のsomeはsome people、二発目のsomeもsome people。なぜって?「あるものは~、またあるものは~」ときて、「しかしそれらの人々はみな=all these pelople」と続いていますね。このthese peopleはmany peopleそしてふたつのsomeの集合とイコールだと思われるからです。ご質問の訳は"some people"と解釈しているようには思えません。  二つ目。It was conveyed to me that~のthat以下の真主語は最後まで続く名詞節です。「that以下のことが私に伝えられた=that以下のことが私に伝わった=that以下のように私は感じた」となります。訳すとこう。  「いろいろなことがあり、いろいろな人がいた。いまだに印象に残っている人もいれば、あまり覚えていない人もいるが、みな美しく親切であった。どうしてだらわからないが、彼ら皆のの親切や親しみの気持ち、そしてそのしぐさや手のぬくもり、歓迎や愛情のまなざしで私を喜ばせようとしていたことが私には不思議とわかったのだ。」

• puni2
  • ベストアンサー率57% (1002/1731)
回答No.1

訳しにくい文章ですね。いかにも試験問題を作る先生が喜びそうです。 挿入句の- I don't know how-は,howを生かして,「どういう方法だかは私は知らないが」のほうがよいのではないでしょうか。 その次の「それは私に伝えられた。」ですが,「それ」ってどれ?ということにもなります。このitは,実際にはその直後のthat節を指しているのですが,「それは」と書くと,その前の文の内容のようにもとれるからです。 そういうときは,こんなふうにしてみましょう。 「何らかの方法で(それがどういう方法だったかは知らないが)次のようなことが私に伝えられた。彼らはみな私に親切で,私がそこにいるのを喜び,彼らの振る舞いや,彼らの手の感触や,そして歓迎と愛のまなざしによって私を喜びで満たしてくれている,ということを。」 いかにも翻訳調ですし,ちょっと長くてまだ分かりにくいので,もし一般向けに図書を翻訳して出すのであれば,もっとこなれた日本文にする必要があるでしょうが,もし英文解釈の問題に対する答えということなら,この程度でよいと思います。

関連するQ&A

• 和訳をお願いします。

下の2文の和訳をお願いします。 1. As we moved through the crowd, we bumped into some people and their things. 2. As I drive to work, all I hear on the radio is music and people talking. 特に分からない部分は、 1と2のそれぞれのAsはどのような用法でどのように訳すのがよいのでしょうか? 1の their things をどう訳すのがよいのでしょうか?また、このtheirはsome peopleを指しているのでしょうか? 2の I drive to work はどういう意味でしょうか? よろしくお願い致します。

• 和訳

和訳例をお願いします。 ・If you set heart and mind on a goal, no wall is too high, no dream impossible. ・When asked how long it will take for the world population to double , many people may say 20 years or less. Yet forecast by the United Nations and others show that world population, currently a little over six billion, is unlikely to double forever. ・These days many people are trying to lose weight. Dieting helps, but there is some evidence that cutting calories alone is not the best way to become, and stay, slimmer. A study found that overweight people on low-fat diets who increased or changed their regular daily activitiesーby choosing stairs over the elevator, for exampleーwere better able to maintain weight lose than those in a tough physical program.

• 和訳

She knows that there is much work to be done and that there is not enough money and people to do all the work necessary to help the poor. これの和訳なんですけど、文と文のかかりかたがいまいち分かりません。 私が考えたのが、 彼女は十分なお金がなくて人々が貧しい人を助けるのに必要なすべての仕事がたくさんあることを知っている。 ということになってしまいました(つд;*)

• 和訳をお願いします

和訳をお願いします What a child needs, what we all needs, is to find some other people who have imagined life along lines that make sense and that also allow some freedom, and listen to them. 難しい単語はないのですが、全く訳せません。 重要な文法やイディオムがあればそれもあわせて回答していただけると助かります

• 和訳をお願いします

和訳をお願いします 長くなってすみません(>_<) Our next opinion was sent in by Mark Navarrone, who writes: Pets make great companios, and that's the main reason why more than half of household in the United States have pets today, but there are also a number of problems associated with pet ownership. It would be great if everyone were responsible, but unfortunately many people don't take good care of their pets. Some people allow their pets to run loose in the neighborhood orabandon them when they move. Many people also fail to take measures to prevent their dogs or cats from reproducing. This lends to the birth of many unwanted puppies and kittens, which often end up at animal shelters or, even worse,are simply dumped in rural areas. These irresponsible pet owners are a big problem. There must be strict penalties for the abandonment of animals.

• 英文の和訳

和訳をしていただけるかたのみで お願いできますでしょうか? 食べものについての説明かもしれません。 どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。 I have recently done some research into the horoscope and foods. Some people wanted to know what kind of food their soul mate would or should eat. His likes and dislikes and what is good for him, his physical and emotional health. In some case this is more important than others, because some people are more closely effected by their food, while others neglect what they eat, and care little whether its well cooked or burned to hellish cinders..

• [至急]和訳と文法的に大事なところを教えてください

I was shocked. So were people all over the world, of all nationalities and political beliefs. When the two were found guilty, there were demonstrations all over the United States, and even in Europe. I heard people say that the decision to execute them was based on prejudice against them as immigrants and because of their political views. People demonstrated and protested the decision, demanding further investigation and more time in court. But nothing changed and on August 23, 1927 my friend was sent to the electric chair.

• 英訳をお願いします(>_<)

(1)There are even antique 'snob screens', a kind of smoked glass partition that allows people to stand at the bar in privacy. (2)many local people drink there and customers are a mix of business people, students and even some tourists.

• 和訳をお願いします。

次の文の和訳をお願いします。 There were tears in the room. Laughter in the face of death is not possible if we don't face death openly and honestly,with an open mind and an open heart. Many people live their lives without facing what's happening!

• 英文訳してください

On the morning of that day,a big bomb fell on the city of Hiroshima. Many people lost their lives,and many others were injured. They had burns all over their bodies. I was very sad when l saw those people. It was a very hot day. Some of the people fell down near me. I said to them,"Come and rest in my shade.You'll be all right soon." お願いします(・・*)