• ベストアンサー

英訳お願いします。

彼が帰るのがあまり遅かったので、途中で何か間違いでも起こったのではあるまいかと心配せざるを得なかった。 「帰りが遅い」=「be late coming home」 「何か間違い」=「some accident」

• 英語
  • 回答数4
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
noname#1019
noname#1019
回答No.2

I couldn't help worrying that he might meet with some accident, because he was late coming home.

その他の回答 (3)

• shibako74
  • ベストアンサー率18% (163/876)
回答No.4

He was so late coming home that I could not help worrying that there was some accident on his way home. というのも可ではないかと思います。

noname#84083
noname#84083
回答No.3

Since he was late coming home, it had to be worried that there was some accident on his way home. という言い方もあるかと。 以下は私の思った事。 「帰りが遅い」は「be late coming home」じゃない方がいいと思うんだけど。過去の事?過去の過去? その時、まだ帰っていなかったのか、帰ってきてから思った事を言ったのか、わからなくなるから。

回答No.1

As he was late coming home,I could not worry about something accident on his way.  ・・・なーんてね。。どーしてもわかんなかったら 参考にしてね、っていう感じだけど。

関連するQ&A

• 英訳のヒントを!!

学校で英語の書いたメモを拾いました。内容は I like it when you're close to me. Cause you're making the most of me And shorty you inspire me. To be all the man can be oh we'll carry on some how I do believe some things are meant to be です。ピリオドが途中ないので、どこで切れるかわからないし 「shorty」は「shortly」の間違いじゃないかなぁ、とか思いつつ 訳してみたのですが、後半がさっぱりわかりません。 口語っぽいので何かの歌詞でしょうか。 前半は、 あなたが私のそばにいるときが好きだ。 だって、私を大事にしてくれるから。 そしてやがて私を元気づける。 でだいたい合っているのでしょうか。 授業中に見つけたただの紙切れですが、素敵なことを書いていそうな雰囲気があったので。。。

• I'm going to be coming について

(1) I'm going 【to be coming】 home on the train. (2) I'm going to come home on the train. (3) I'm coming home on the train. "to be coming"(to 以下を進行形に)すると どんなニュアンスの違いがあるのか教えてください。 (3)は電車に乗っている最中のような気がします。 (2)はこれから電車に乗る気がします。 (1)は??? よろしくお願いいたします。

• これも正しい英訳文でしょうか?

「真夜中までに家に帰れるかしらと心配だった」の英訳で、模範解答は  I was afraid I might not be home by midnight.  私の回答は I was worried if I would be able to get home by midnight. です。これも正しいでしょうか?  仮に正しくても、模範解答の方が自然ですよね?

• 教えてください。

アメリカ人の友人から 用事が済んで家に戻ったら電話をくれることになっていたのですが、なかなか連絡がなかったのでこちらから電話をしたら電話にでられないようで メールでI will be home some. I will be call you.と届きました。 (2)文目は電話するよ。わかるのですが(1)文目のhome someの意味がわかりません。もうすぐ家に戻れるだろう。こんなニュアンスの訳でいいのでしょうか?教えてください。よろしくお願いします。

• Mustn't be late.

Mustn't be late.  という英文は成り立ちますか? 子供の今日の塾の英語のテストで 「遅れてはいけない」という2箇所穴埋め問題でした。 本人は(Mustn't)( be) late. と回答したところ×で正解は (Don't)(be)late. というのが正解らしいですが 子供は納得いかないようですので どなたかMustn't be late. が間違いであるという理由を教えていただけないでしょうか 宜しくお願いいたします。

• 文法4択問題

We believe there to be an accident two days ago. これでto beとなるのはおかしくないでしょうか? two days agoと来ているのでto have beenとしないと 間違いじゃないんですか?

• 簡単でいいので英訳してもらえませんか?

前回の続きです。 http://okwave.jp/qa/q7449383.html It would seem that my mother will visit you. I would like you to take good care of her. とだけ伝えると I heard she'll be out here! I can't wait to meet her. Are you coming out as well? I will of course take good care of her こうきました。これに対して前回教えてもらったようにこう返しますが The remarriage mate would give some money to my mother however I lead a life alone, as I am still poor, when I would be rich in future, I would go and see you. その前に伝えるべき事がある、または味気ないと思い、追加の文を考えたので 簡単な英訳をお願いします。 私は母以外にも血族がいる事を知ってびっくりしました。 嬉しく思いますが言葉が通じないので不安です。それと、アメリカは一度行ってみたいです。 修学旅行でハワイに行きましたが、人それぞれですが私は日本より好きです。

• 英訳が適切であるか教えてください。

こんばんは。 英文を作りましたが、適切な表現であるかわからないので間違いなどありましたら教えてください。 日本語の文章 「こんにちは。はじめまして。先月、渋谷にある sky gallery で”blue and ”というタイトルのイラストの個展を行ったrinaです。お礼が遅くなってしまってすみません。個展を見に来てくれてありがとうございました。楽しんでいただけましたか?また展示会をやる際は、是非遊びにきてください。」 英語の文章 「Hello. It's nice to meet you. I'm Rina held a solo exhibition of illustration " blue and " at sky gallery in Shibuya last month. I'm sorry for my late reply. Thank you very much for coming my exhibition. Did you enjoy the exhibition ? Next time I held an exhibition, please come to the exhibition.」 どうぞ宜しくお願い致します。

• 英訳助けてください><お願いします★

There are some big problems with this type of approach to studying adulthood. One of them is that it is very culturally specific━it is probably fine for describing the lives of middle-class white North Americanmen, but things may be rather different for people of different backgrounds, where the normal course ofliving takes different forms . Another is that it doesn't account for individial differences. Some people don'tleave home until much later in life;some people don't experience a lengthy period of independence but marryfrom their family home ;and some come across these transitions at very different ages. So it would be difficult to say how the model applied to them. Insight We will all experience several life- transitions , but they will be different for each of us. It is more useful to try to explore the psychological processes involved as we tackle our life-transitions,than to try to predict categorically what those life-transitions will be. If there are so many problems with this type of model, why should we bother with it at all? Well, mainly because it's a start. By identifying the kinds of things that are missing from a model like this, we can move towards developing better theories. Psychology doesn't have all the answers: it is continually changing, and trying to improve its theories and ideas. When a new area is first opened up, the initial theories are often quite liited;but they provide a useful basis for further research which can help us to develop a deeper understanding.

• この英訳はおかしいでしょうか

これを英語で正しく書くにはどうしたらいいでしょうか。 どうしても意味不明な文章になってしまいます。途中まで やってみたのですが何か違う気がします。 訂正お願いします! 「 先日より複数の研修についてご案内させていただいておりますが、 10月は複数のトレーニングセッションが開催されるため、多数の方から、詳細についてわかりずらいとのお問い合わせ頂いております。 各研修の時間、場所、など詳細をまとめましたので 以下の通り、ご参照ください。」 Dear All, As we have announced by e-mail, a few training sessions will be held in Oct. and some people experienced confusion about the details of the sessions. Please check the sheet below about the details. Thank you.