• ベストアンサー

訳してください!

Could she, a young japanese girl unable to walk,really help the world? これなんですけど、いまいちうまく訳せません教えてください!

noname#1113
noname#1113
  • 英語
  • 回答数5
  • ありがとう数8

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.5

a young girl .... 少女(girl)、それも、若い(young)、それも、たった一人(a)、別に超能力者でもない(a)、それでなにができる?って感じがかもし出される。 Japanese girl .... 世界に貢献するのは日本人(Japanese)が歴史的に得意としている所です、という話はあまり聞かないし。 unable to walk .... いろいろな活動の困難さを連想する人もいるかも。実際はどうか知らない。ハンデがあるほうがかえって能力を有効に使って活動する人もいるかもしれないし。まあとにかく。 という語の羅列があって、 help the world .... という壮大な表現がある。 前者の現実的感覚と、後者の理想的表現の間にギャップがある。 そのギャップを表し、かつ、埋めているのが、話者の感情。 really という語が選択されて、とまどいを示している。また、Could she ... という仮定法で、話者としては「万一試みたとしても、実際そんなことできるのでしょうか?」 という話者の感情が表現されている。でもその裏にもちろん、できたら私としても嬉しいのだが、という気持ちも少し読めるが、普通はそこまでは、訳すことは至難というか不可能。 とか思いました。意味がわかれば、いろいろ考えて、意味が合っている範囲内で、好きに訳せばよいのでは。shibako74さんのも解りやすいし。

noname#1113
質問者

お礼

助かりました!わかりやすかったですありがとうございました。

その他の回答 (4)

• shibako74
  • ベストアンサー率18% (163/876)
回答No.4

この、歩くことすらできない少女が果たして世界をすくえるのだろうか? でいいのでは?

• Wendy
  • ベストアンサー率21% (25/114)
回答No.3

mayuhimeさんがどこで引っかかっているのかわからないのですが、 Chould she really help the world?という文の中に、a young Japanese girl (who is) unable to walk という節が挿入されていて、この節はsheの説明になっています。()内は省略されているものを補ってみました。 それと、canじゃなくてcouldになっているのは、仮定法で、可能性が極めて低いことを言外に表しているんじゃないかと思います。 「歩くことさえ出来ないこの日本人の女の子が、いったい世界を救うなんて出来るのだろうか」といった感じでしょうか。

• artist0
  • ベストアンサー率24% (92/378)
回答No.2

果たして彼女は、歩くことのできない日本人の少女はほんとに世界を救えるのだろうか? 活用としては、直説法過去と仮定法過去が考えられますが、 いずれにせよ「~できたのか?」ではなく、「~できるのか?」となります。 「~できたのか?」は Can(could) S have p.p. ~?で表します。

• sesame
  • ベストアンサー率49% (1127/2292)
回答No.1

彼女―歩くことができない日本の娘―は、本当に世界を救うことができたのだろうか? …でいいんじゃないでしょうか?

関連するQ&A

• Japanese Girl friend..

I am 36 and she is may beyrs 16 to 20 years old.. Thank you for your answer and suggestion. I think I must try to approach a Japanese girl to talk. The beautiful girl who I like, she use to come in train every morning and i think she is a Senior Highschool student. Even i don`t know her name etc etc... Will she be my friend?

• 動画のコメントの翻訳

とある動画で、日本人の少女に対する呼称を「asian girl」としていたので、その人に「Japanese girl」と呼んでくれ、と翻訳アプリで送ると、次のような返信が来ました。「hello. I agree with your comment, but I have some concerns. When we see a girl marching in England, we don't say European girl, we say British girl. But you said Asian girl Instead of Japanese girl. Even though Mr. Trump said that it was a Chinese virus, there were people in the United States who used violence even against Japanese allies. After all, I understand your comment that Westerners see Asia as a whole. If possible, I wanted you to call they a Japanese girl」翻訳アプリにかけたのですが、内容がよくわかりません。お分かりになる方、翻訳をよろしくお願い致します。

• 英文の構造を教えて下さい

Behind the recent major scientific breakthrough that got scientists around the world talking is a young Japanese researcher who led her team to the historic discovery. はどれが主語でどれがどうしですか。 構造はどうなってるんですか。 教えてください。 よろしくお願いします。

• 英文と和訳があります。和訳は正しいですか?

Placing people in the proper perspective Only recently have I learned that Japanese ask "personal" questions for a number of reasons. One function of such questions is to express concern, or even critiism, towards differences from what Japanese think is "normal". Doesn't a Japanese girl who is unable to speak Japanese have a speech impediment? Shouldn't a girl get married before she is so old no one wants her? 日本語訳 人を正しく捉えること 最近になってやっと私は、日本人が「個人的」質問をするのにはいくつかの理由があることを学びました。そうした質問がもつ機能の一つは、日本人が「普通」だと考えることとの違いに対する心配や批判さえも表すことです。日本語を話せない日本人の少女は、言語障害があるからですよね?誰も必要としないかなりの年寄りになる前に女の子は結婚すべきじゃない?

• Could we really? のCould って何ですか?

Could we really? のCould って何ですか? 「可能」ですか? 以下の文章で使われているCouldです。 A:What do you think about going to Tokyo for summer vacation? B: Could we really? I'd love to. … ちなみにこの場合Could の代わりにCan ではだめですか。 回答お願いします。  

• 訳してください。お願いします。

I'm as happy as I've ever been," said Ryoko when she got her second gold medal in Athens. About a month before the olympic Games, she hurt her left foot during traning. She could not walk at all. For a week she needed help even to go to the bathroom. Befor leaving for Athens she said, “I will fight even if my left foot doesn't work. I still have two hands and one good foot."

• whenの使い方

ある英語の文について質問です。 She could not walk due to a car accident when she was twenty. 私にはwhenの使い方が間違っているように思えます。 アメリカ人の方に聞いたところ、問題ないと思うとの答えだったのですが、辞書でwhenの使い方を見ると、whenの前はtimeやdayなど時間を表す単語の後ろに付くと書いてありました。 この文が文法的に正しいか、正しくないか、理由まで教えてくださるとありがたいです。 よろしくお願いします。

• 文構造 bbcnewsから

A young girl accused of trying to kill her friend, in a plot she told police was inspired by the fictitious 'Slenderman' character, has been deemed mentally unfit to stand trial in America. in a plotからcharacterの部分の文構造を教えてください。she told policeは挿入句でそのため主格の関係代名詞が省略されているのですか? よろしくお願いします。

• outについて

It's really a shame becasue she lost more than a month when she could have been out looking for a job. beenの後になぜ out がつくのでしょうか? she could have been look for a job で何ら問題がないと思うのです。 宜しくお願いします。

• この英文を書いたのは同一人物でしょうか

下記の2つの文章を書いたのは、同一人物だと思いますか? 【A】 Hi. I'm an Australian guy interested in doing a language exchange as I'm planning a trip to Japan next year. I'm really interested in Japanese culture and it would be great if we could meet up for a chat over coffee. I have some experience teaching English (I taught at a private school for a couple of years while abroad in Poland) so I can help you with your English if you like. I'm also interested in music, art, movies, books & graphic novels (and Japanese manga!). Look forward to hearing from you! 【B】 Hi. I'm an Australian guy looking for a Japanese language exchange partner. I'm really interested in Japanese culture and I'm planning to travel there later this year so it would be cool to learn some Japanese and make some Japanese friends. I worked overseas as an English teacher for a couple of years so I'd be happy to help you improve your English. Hope we can help each other out and have fun! Look forward to hearing from you!