• ベストアンサー

訳して頂きたいです。

shibako74の回答

• shibako74
  • ベストアンサー率18% (163/876)
回答No.3

要約&推測ですが… 人生について、もしくは生物の進化や成長のきっかけについてかかれているのではないでしょうか? 成長していく上で根(先天的)や、(独自性を出すにはかならずついてくる)何か方向性を変えるようなきっかけ(後天的)というものはどのような存在でも持っている… 人間にたとえると、 この人間が成長していく上で最初から持っているであろう先天的な「根(持って生まれた性格)」も、後天的な「(人生の中で経験する)きっかけ」も、一つ一つはその人の長い人生では小さな要因に過ぎないが、今のその人を作っているのはこれらの小さなきっかけである ということを言いたいのでは?

noname#3887
質問者

お礼

著者が生物学者だということだから、きっと人生のことを生物学的な事を交えて説明しているんでしょうね。 ご回答ありがとうございます。

関連するQ&A

• 四択問題です。

I live in the house ( ) . (a) opposite to the street (b) on the opposite side of the street (c) to the opposite side from the street (d) on the street of the opposite CDのだめなところ教えてください。 The party was , ( ) , a signal success . 1 as a whole 2 on the hole 3 a whole lot 4 in a whole skin 1ではだめですか?

• 和訳教えてください

A particular branch of knowledge is chosen, whether about the physical universe as in the sciences or about man himself as in the humanities. The aim of this study is not just to learn new facts, but to relate them to each other in an ordered whole. It is not enough to know things, like a walking encyclopedia. We have to aim at that understanding and wisdom which is the fine fruit of a university education. Thus in the sciences we learn how to draw general conclusions from various facts; and in the humanities we obtain a deeper understanding of human life from the reading of various authors. 長い英文ですがよろしくお願いします

• どのような意味でしょうか

Earlier in the year I declared my major as mathematics, which at the time made sense because I'm very good at math, and I enjoy it. However, as of recently, I've begun to doubt my interest in pursuing mathematics in college and further on. further onとはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 和訳お願い致します。

On the revival science in the 16th century,some of the earliest conclusions at which philosophers arrived were found to be at variance with popular and long-established belief.The Ptolemaic system of astronomy ,which had then full possession of the minds of men,contemplaced the whole visible universe from the earth as the ammovable centre of things. Copernicus changed the earth to an inconspicuous globule, a merely subordinate member of a family of planets , which the terrestrials had untill then foudly imagined to be but [but=only]pendants and ornaments of their own habitation. The Church naturally took a lively interest in the disputes which arose between the philosophers of the new school and those who adhered to the old doctrines,inasmuch as the Hebrew records,the basis of religious faith,manifestly countenanced the opinion of the earth's immobility and certain other views of the univers very incompatible with those propounded by Copernicus. Hence arose the official proceedings against Galileo in consequence of which he submitted to sigh his celebrated recantation,acknowledging that the sun is the centre of the world and immovable from its place is absurb,philosophically false,and formally heretical,because it is dxpressly contrary to the Scripture'and that 'the proposition that the earth is not the centre of the world,norimmovable but that it moves and also with a diurnal motion is absurb,philosophically false,and at least erronesos in faith'.

• 和訳お願いします

Southern Cross is close to Southern Cross is different from most schools To learn mathematics, students at Southern Cross To improve their language skills, students at Southern Cross The Southern Cross school wants students to Which of these is a kind of wildlife?

• 日本語訳お願いします。

Consider, for example, that the existence of a single human thought requires the highly complex interaction of hundreds of neurons. In order to separate mind from brain, it would be necessary to think of each neuron as something distinct from its function, which is a little like trying to separate the seawater that provides the substance of an ocean wave from the energy that gives the wave its shape and motion. The existence of the wave requires both elements: without energy, the wave would fall flat; without water, the wave energy would have no expression. In the same sense, it is not possible to separate individual neurons from their functions; if it were possible, then a thought could be feed from its neurological base, and the mind could be seen as something separate from the brain, a free-floating consciousness that could be considered a “soul “.

• 和訳をよろしくお願いします

I got this sort of sentence from a comment on a news article from The Japan Times. Here is a link to the article in question. (“The Japan Times” is translated as ジャパンタイムズ.)

• 和訳お願い致します。

On entering so wide a field of enquiry as that whose limits I have now indicated, it is indispensable to the continuity of advance that we should be prepared, where needful, to supple ment observation with hypothesis. It therefore seems desira ble to conclude this Introduction with a few words both to explain and to justify the method which in this matter I intend to follow. It has already been stated that the sole object of this work is that of tracing, in as scientific a manner as possible, the probable history of Mental Evolution, and therefore, ofcourse, of enquiring into the causes which hare determined it. So far as observation is available to guide us in this enquiry, I shall resort to no other assistance. Where, however, from the nature of the case, observation fails us, I shall proceed to inference. But though I shall use this method as sparingly as possible, I am aware that criticism will often find valid ground to object — ' It is all very well to map out the sup posed genesis of the various mental faculties in this way, but we require some definite experimental or historical proof that the genesis in question actually did take place in the order and manner that you infer.'

• この先行詞は

The origin of the word "tip" is believed to derive from "stipend," meaning "a sum of money paid regularly to a person, especially a clergyman, as a salary or as liviing expenses," which is a corruptive form of the Latin word ~. 長くて申し訳ありません。 このwhichの先行詞は何ですか?文頭でよろしいでしょうか?

• 英語に自信のある方 和訳お願いします

The aim of the physicianin the treatment of insanity is to bring the means at his command to bear, directly or indirectly , on the disordered nerve elemnt. But, in striving to do this, he soon learns with how many bodily organs and functionshe has really to do. to callmind a function of the brain may lead to much misapprehension, if it be thereby supposed that the brain is the only organ which is concerned in the function of mind. There is not an organ in the body which is not in intimate relation with the brain by means of its paths of nervous communication, which has not , so to speak, a special corresopondance with it through internuncial fibres, and which does not, therefore, affect more or less plainly and specially its[ist=the brain's] function as an organ of mind. It is not merely that a parpitating heart may cause anxiety and apprehension, or a disorderedliver[may cause] gloomy feelings, but there are good reasons to believe that eachorgan has its specific influence on the constituiton and function of mind; an influence not yet to be set forth scientifically., because it is exerted on that unconscious mental life which is the basis of all that we consciously feel and think. were the heart of one man to be placed in the body of another it would probably make no difference in the circulation of the blood, but it might make a real difference in the temper of his mind. so close is the physiological sympathy of parts in the commonwealth of the body that it is necessary in the physiological study of mind to regard it as a function of the whole organism, as complehending the whole bodily life.